Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calender Printing Service  (Read 6111 times)

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
Calender Printing Service
« on: February 21, 2004, 02:24:03 am »

First off, I would like to say that Coppermine is an awesome application. I was looking around, and I was almost ready to shell out the cash for Photopost PHP Pro, and then I saw this.

It has the same look and feel as photopost PHP, but I actually like this better. The features are almost the same, and the install is even easier. (I have used photopost before on someone elses site).

I woudl like to see one of the features of photopost brought over to Coppermine though. In photopost there is a Calender Printing Feature that allows you to select 13 photos and it will then let you print those photos into a flip type calender.

This feature would be great for my needs right now, as I am installing the photo gallery for a pet store, and if the customers were able to look over all the animals (including their own animals) and make a calender, I think that would be a nice feature.

Has anyone been working on this? I didnt see it listed anywhere, so I am hoping someone may consider takign on the project. I would offer some assistance, but I am just learning PHP and probably could not provide much help.

(I could provide the files from photopost that are responsible for calender printing if that helps).

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 10:22:59 pm »

Just bumping this to see if anyone here would like to see this feature implemented as well.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 07:16:15 am »

looking into Photopost's code (which is not open source under GPL, but commercial software) would in this case mean actually stealing the code from Photopost - that's a no-no for open source developers!

To accomplish what you're requesting, there have to be made some modifications to the way coppermine handles favorites (which are currently stored locally in a cookie). They have to be stored server-sided in the database (enabling a lightbox or shopping basket function as well). Afaik Tarique's working on the task to enable coppermine to handle server-sided favorites. Like I said, this is a pre-requisite for your suggested calendar-mod, so I suggest you watch the board for an annpuncement of the server-sided favorites and then bump on this thread again...

GauGau

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 05:04:28 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
looking into Photopost's code (which is not open source under GPL, but commercial software) would in this case mean actually stealing the code from Photopost - that's a no-no for open source developers!

To accomplish what you're requesting, there have to be made some modifications to the way coppermine handles favorites (which are currently stored locally in a cookie). They have to be stored server-sided in the database (enabling a lightbox or shopping basket function as well). Afaik Tarique's working on the task to enable coppermine to handle server-sided favorites. Like I said, this is a pre-requisite for your suggested calendar-mod, so I suggest you watch the board for an annpuncement of the server-sided favorites and then bump on this thread again...

GauGau

Thanks for the update, will do!

Goanna

Goanna

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Calender Printing Service
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 10:31:51 pm »

Well, its been a while since I have been here and was just wondering if anyone has considered making a calendar printing module yet.

Is that Server-Sided favorites feature that was mentioned above complete yet? I tried doing a search, but this was the only thread that mentioned it.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:08:01 am »

AFAIK, server side favs will be in 1.4. 

The calendar is nice idea, but would be a lower priority for development in Coppermine than other needed features.  I wouldn't expect it in the near future unless someone is working on one and makes it into a mod.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

fordman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 08:10:03 pm »

I use Coppermine on my site, but I also use "Gallery". It actually has Shutterfly.com (and a few more) integration in it. I would say to stop using this program, I like it a lot. But, this may be what you are looking for until Coppermine get online photo printing integration.

http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index. It is on Sourceforge as well.

Good Luck! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.