Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMF membergroups names in Greek not properly displayed in CPG 1.4x  (Read 3930 times)

agridoc

• Coppermine novice
    • Aeromodelling GR - Aeromodelling in Greece

As I posted in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=37919.msg186006#msg186006 SMF membergroups names in Greek are not properly displayed in CPG 1.4x. Greek characters are ignored.

I don' t know if this happens with UTF-8 as I use a different approach.

I use codepage ISO-8859-7 in config and Greek language file with same codepage. Database collation is latin-1_swedish. The same applies for SMF.

Searching smf10.inc.php I found that the problem can be overcomed  by editing the code in lines 190-193 (CPG 1.4.10).

Code: [Select]
                while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
                {
                        $udb_groups[$row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_id']]+100] = utf_ucfirst(utf_strtolower($row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_name']]));
                }

Just change the utf_ucfirst() and utf_strtolower() functions defined in /include/functions.inc.php to the original  PHP ucfirst() and strtolower().

Code: [Select]
                while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
                {
                        $udb_groups[$row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_id']]+100] = ucfirst(strtolower($row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_name']]));
                }

Using the edited file membergroups names in Greek will display correctly.

I believe that this change, combined with the proposed one for Greek search will make possible to use CPG in standard Greek ISO-8859-7 codepage. Not found any other misfunction yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.