Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nr. of albums shown on frontpage and in category  (Read 4258 times)

Widi

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.widi.tk
nr. of albums shown on frontpage and in category
« on: February 20, 2004, 10:51:21 pm »

hi,

i got multiple categories with albums in it. I wanted to show the first layer of albums without clutting my frontpage. I wanted to show 4 albums per category in front and 12 when you enter the category.

So i modded the next line in index.php. (with 12 albums shown specified in the config)

line 398 in index.php is used by catlist:

$alb_per_page = ($CONFIG['albums_per_page'] );

and u need to change it to:

$alb_per_page = ($CONFIG['albums_per_page'] / X );

where X is the number you divide the number albums_per_page (as given in the admin -> config -> Album list view -> Number of albums to display) by. The result is but on your frontpage when u use 'catlist'.

www.widi.tk for an example

When u enter a category, level 1, it doesn't use this function (the one that start on line 389 from index.php), but the same as 'alblist' en that one starts on line 282. And isn't modified so entering a category will show the number of categories specified in config. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Maybe something for the future to make this a variable you can manipulate trough the admin --> config menu?!?!?!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
nr. of albums shown on frontpage and in category
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 11:04:26 pm »

This would be usefull for sites with lots of categories, so they can still show some thumbs on the front page, as you have done, but when going to the category, still having a good amount of albums per page.

I would like to see this so you had a box to choose number of thumbs for the front page, with the 'Show first level album thumbs' box, but can set different at the Album list view 'number of albums to display'.

I will have a look and see if I can use your mod and come up with this.

Note, it is page 398, not 389, at least in my index.php.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.