Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some jpgs will display fine, some no image comes through.  (Read 2282 times)

Quido

• Coppermine newbie
Some jpgs will display fine, some no image comes through.
« on: December 10, 2006, 12:34:14 am »

Hi all- I have been trying to figure out a solution to this on my own, but I am at a loss.

I have two coppermine galleries on my server; one has been in place for well over a year and works just fine, the other I just recently installed and am having problems with. The older one (which is fine) was just upgraded to version 1.4.9 and the other was installed with version 1.4.9.

The problem I am having is that a friend of mine and I will upload files (jpg) and the other can't see the images. I thought it may have to do with the fact that he was uploading with a .JPEG extension and I am uploading with a .jpg extension, but now I also am not able to see some of the files that I have uploaded.

Here is the gallery that is working fine:

http://www.blueridgebedandbreakfast.net/gallery/

Here is the one with the some work, some don't:

http://www.blueridgebedandbreakfast.net/gallery2/

Everything works great with the first, but the second is driving me crazy. I have searched the forums and can't find anything exactly like this...any help greatly appreciated and once again, kudos on an awesome piece of work!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:33:49 pm by Nibbler »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Some jpgs will display fine, some no image comes through.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 12:42:01 am »

Did you check in the userpics folder via ftp to see if the image files are there? When I try to access them directly, I get 404 not found.

Quido

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Some jpgs will display fine, some no image comes through.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 06:19:36 pm »

In the end the way I fixed it was that I realized the latest version offered by my webhost for install is 1.4.9 and the latest version available is 1.4.10. I downloaded v.10 and installed it manually- it works fine now. I think it was an issue related to the fact that I had it installed twice on my server and I think that the automatic download hosed something.

At any rate, all is well now! Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 19 queries.