Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Host started blocking 777  (Read 2293 times)

nanrector

• Coppermine newbie
Host started blocking 777
« on: December 03, 2006, 11:49:00 pm »

I have been using coppermine for quite a few months for a high school alumni site. Just started having "write" problems. Finally emailed the host and was told this:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to the recent attacks on the server we cannot allow folders to have their permissions set to 777. We have setup a script to check for folder with such permissions and reset them to 755.You will not have any trouble if you upload files via FTP or CPanels File Manager."

I'm a bit peeved..... is there a workaround somehow? There are hours and hours of work in this gallery.

Thanks
Nancy

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:25:48 pm by Hein »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Host started blocking 777
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:22:22 am »

755 is fine - just set your permissions on the albums folder and everything in it as your webhost suggests. Please read the permissions section of the docs to understand what is going on.

nanrector

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Host started blocking 777
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:51:34 pm »

Appreciate that. I had gone through part of it but obviously missed some things... (mainly due to my lack of tech knowledge in this area). I'll print it out and see if I can figure this out. It's a relief to know I can work around that issue.

Nancy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.