Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Disuppearing images.  (Read 12292 times)

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
Disuppearing images.
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:49:57 am »

Hello all,

This is one of the strangest problems I've had.

Some time ago, I had to completely reload the backup for my web site and it messed up something in the Gallery.
The problem I have right now is that some RANDOM images disuppeared from the Gallery, but I can still open them with a direct link. Which means that files are still on the server in the same place as they were before, but Gallery doesn't see them for unknown reason.
Maybe it's a problem with My SQL database, but I'm not sure where even to start looking for fix.

I used to have over 5200 images in gallery, now it's showing that i have about 4200 images, also the VIEW counters show much less then they used to show.

Please help.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:03:47 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Disuppearing images.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 07:38:55 am »

Post a link (preferably a deep link to one of the "missing" pics).

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 08:23:04 pm »

Post a link (preferably a deep link to one of the "missing" pics).

The whole folder is empty
http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=249

(http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/thumb_15_Murat_Dishek%2C-%CF%F0%EE%F2%E8%E2%EE%F1%F2%EE%FF%ED%E8%E5-%2C-Resistance-%2C70x80cm%2Coil.jpg)

Folders used to have many files now empty
http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/index.php?cat=56

(http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/thumb_s_Crimovym.jpg)

you can see all the images in this article, but gallery doesnt show them any more.
http://www.adygaunion.us/rus/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=75

I can find more like that.....over 1000 images are missing ((

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 11:21:11 am »

See my reply on the other unrelated thread that you have started:
You're using cpg1.4.4, while the most recent version is cpg1.4.10. It's mandatory to upgrade before doing anything else. Won't look into your issues before you are done upgrading. Please reply once you're done.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 12:43:17 am »

I would bet that either you've had some mysql corruption or your host restored their mysql server without telling you.

I would upgrade first, just to make sure its not corruption of coppermine files themselves (I doubt it), then use phpmyadmin and do some health checks of the database.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I would use the cpgmassimport plugin, to bring in all of the images that aren't currently in the database.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 11:46:44 am »

See my reply on the other unrelated thread that you have started:

No problem, do I just upgrade from 1.4.4 to 1.4.10 right away ? where would the files be ?

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 11:47:41 am »

I would bet that either you've had some mysql corruption or your host restored their mysql server without telling you.

I would upgrade first, just to make sure its not corruption of coppermine files themselves (I doubt it), then use phpmyadmin and do some health checks of the database.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I would use the cpgmassimport plugin, to bring in all of the images that aren't currently in the database.

Quick question before we move on. is cpgmassimport plugin something additional i need to install ? sounds like what i need.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 05:42:52 pm »

yes, click the download link in the top menu
and
yes, http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?topic=123.new

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 06:35:46 am »

No problem, do I just upgrade from 1.4.4 to 1.4.10 right away ? where would the files be ?
Upgrade as suggested in the documentation.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 08:04:53 am »

Ok, I updated to new version, and installed the Plug In for Mass Import.

Now the gallery is really messed up (((
Some albums dont open, some files dont open. All the names that were in russian show as some signs...... I was afraid of bad outcome....and it happened.
what do I do now ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 08:14:49 am »

Ok, I updated to new version, and installed the Plug In for Mass Import.
You should have checked first that the upgrade went flawlessly before fiddling with a mod/plugin. Take one step at a time.

Some albums dont open, some files dont open.
As suggested: post deep links.

All the names that were in russian show as some signs
Did you read the documentation carefully? You have set your encoding to utf-8, while your textual content is in your old encoding. Either switch encoding back as it used to be or convert your textual content to utf-8.

I was afraid of bad outcome....and it happened.
Well, if you did as suggested in the docs, then you should have backups of everything, so you could savely go back in case that you're not able to solve your issues.

what do I do now ?
Take one step at the time, not several. I recommend starting by changing your encoding first. As you have mixed content (English and Russian), I suggest converting your textual content to utf-8 Using charsetmgr.php). After you did, reply again here.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 08:31:15 am »

You should have checked first that the upgrade went flawlessly before fiddling with a mod/plugin. Take one step at a time.
Did you read the documentation carefully? You have set your encoding to utf-8, while your textual content is in your old encoding. Either switch encoding back as it used to be or convert your textual content to utf-8.
Well, if you did as suggested in the docs, then you should have backups of everything, so you could savely go back in case that you're not able to solve your issues.
Take one step at the time, not several. I recommend starting by changing your encoding first. As you have mixed content (English and Russian), I suggest converting your textual content to utf-8 Using charsetmgr.php). After you did, reply again here.

You're right, I should've checked before installing a plug in....but i never used it anyways.
I did everything step by step as suggested in documentation, saved backup of database and 2 files.
trying to check the change of textual contents,
windows-1251 to koi8-r  is the proper convertion for all my albums and files to show up correctly.

Now for some reason menu buttons are messed up when choosing Russian language.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 08:51:01 am »

You're right, I should've checked before installing a plug in....but i never used it anyways.
I did everything step by step as suggested in documentation, saved backup of database and 2 files.
trying to check the change of textual contents,
windows-1251 to koi8-r  is the proper convertion for all my albums and files to show up correctly.

Now for some reason menu buttons are messed up when choosing Russian language.

final conversion was to UTF8 unicode. so everything is matching now. now funky letters.

Hopefully we can check on the files to bring them back.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 08:53:59 am »

OK, fine - one issue less that needs looking into. Now on to the next issue: the missing pics.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 08:57:47 am »

OK, fine - one issue less that needs looking into. Now on to the next issue: the missing pics.

Here you go
http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=249

This picture originally belonged to the album above   (http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/thumb_15_Murat_Dishek%2C-%CF%F0%EE%F2%E8%E2%EE%F1%F2%EE%FF%ED%E8%E5-%2C-Resistance-%2C70x80cm%2Coil.jpg)

Thumbnail from one of the files in that folder (http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10005/thumb_s_Crimovym.jpg)

Many other examples when files are randomly missing, but they are on the server in the same place they were before the glich.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 09:18:11 am »

This is what happened right now 1 minute ago.

I had 4227 files, logged out and now i see

4219 files in 207 albums and 39 categories with 156 comments viewed 170004 times

There is noone logged in, so something weird is happening.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 09:57:04 am »

Works fine for me, the album http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=139 resides within category 56 and is populated. If the other albums used to populated once and are now empty, you probably have deleted them (maybe by accident). Review your admin settings as well: do you have other people except you who have admin privileges?

This is what happened right now 1 minute ago.

I had 4227 files, logged out and now i see

4219 files in 207 albums and 39 categories with 156 comments viewed 170004 times

There is noone logged in, so something weird is happening.
Expected behaviour - files that are available for the admin or for registered users, but nor for guests are not being taken into account. The file number stats take permissions into account. Subsequently, it's expected behaviour that the number of files differs, depending on your login status. Nothing wrong nor mysterious about this.

I suspect that this is a PEBKAC issue. Please review the docs.

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 07:45:34 am »

Works fine for me, the album http://www.adygaunion.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=139 resides within category 56 and is populated. If the other albums used to populated once and are now empty, you probably have deleted them (maybe by accident). Review your admin settings as well: do you have other people except you who have admin privileges?
The problem is that ALL those albums were full with pictures, and pictureas are still on the server. (i used the thumbs for my web site and they are still there.) but for some odd reason the gallery dont see them ((

Expected behaviour - files that are available for the admin or for registered users, but nor for guests are not being taken into account. The file number stats take permissions into account. Subsequently, it's expected behaviour that the number of files differs, depending on your login status. Nothing wrong nor mysterious about this.

I suspect that this is a PEBKAC issue. Please review the docs.

yeah i figured this one out.....but how did i lose 1200 images after a backup...I dont know.
There are few other people with admin rights, but we have agreement they I'm the only one adjusting the settings and config.

PEBKAC issue....I will read and see if thats the one. Thanks.

Can someone explain how to use the cpgmassimport plugin ? and not mess up what i have in the gallery right now...

zamirzamir

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 09:30:53 am »

Tryed to search for PEBKAC in documentation....nothing.  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 10:01:06 am »

yeah i figured this one out.....but how did i lose 1200 images after a backup...
Maybe you have accidentally ticked the drop option when performing the backup.

There are few other people with admin rights, but we have agreement they I'm the only one adjusting the settings and config.
They might have done this by accident.

Look: there is no way how we could determine what went actually wrong. It looks like you have made a mistake, but there's a possibilty that your site has been hacked (which I doubt though, as a malevolent hacker wouldn't just have deleted some images). Another possible option is that your webhost had issues with the database and restored an older backup that didn't contain the entries of the missing pics. If you need to figure out what went wrong, hire a computer forensics expert to review your server logs etc.
After all, it doesn't matter what actually went wrong - if the entries in the database are missing, you have to restore them or re-create them. There's little other advice we could give. Don't expect us to cure issues that we haven't caused in the first place - we're open source developers, not magicians nor detectives.

Can someone explain how to use the cpgmassimport plugin ? and not mess up what i have in the gallery right now...
Read the corresponding thread.

Tryed to search for PEBKAC in documentation....nothing.  ???
Not in the documentation - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pebkac
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.