Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with views and ratings (basic research done)  (Read 6424 times)

AK3D

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with views and ratings (basic research done)
« on: December 01, 2006, 10:06:20 pm »

Hello,
I find I'm having 0 views on photographs and cannot rate them either - on our website at www.thepca.com/gallery after bridging into Joomla via the mehdi coppermine bridge. The gallery seems to be working fine apart from the problem with rating/views.

I researched through the forums and renamed the cookie file to cpg as suggested elsewhere (no full stops anywhere - there weren't any fullstops earlier, either) but no luck. Also, I checked the gallery in test mode, yet the views aren't counted and clicking on ratings will lead you to a blank page. Cache/cookies were cleared multiple times in testing. I'd appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks.

U/P : test/test in case someone would like to check.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:39:51 am by GauGau »

AK3D

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Problem with views and ratings (basic research done)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 01:06:04 am »

Please ignore this post for now. I ran into a lot of problems with coppermine today, an admin clicked 'restore backup' and somehow the bridge connection broke. Now, I can't even get to the admin page simply because it doesn't display the config after logging in :(

AK3D

• Coppermine newbie
Update - Site restored
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 09:23:59 pm »

Hello,
We restored everything today. The views problem persists, though.

a) I got another user in another location to try logging in and view/rate
b) Non Admin login
c) cookie name does not have a .
d) tried removing the template integration and running coppermine standalone but with joomla db (so as not to have it appear within the joomla site's template).

with all that, views aren't updating, and neither can you do any rating.
Thanks for any help.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 09:29:29 pm »

The server is not sending any cookies. Probably caused by output before Coppermine's headers are sent - review how you are 'wrapping' the gallery.

AK3D

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 09:37:01 pm »

Thanks for the prompt reply. I had tried running coppermine standalone, but even in that case the problem persisted. Is there any way I can check output (perhaps run debug mode), will that assist? Thank you for the help !

-- Aamir --

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 11:29:14 am »

As Nibbler suggested: you're wrapping coppermine into something. As an example, use another theme to see what content comes from Coppermine and what comes from your app you wrap Coppermine in -> http://www.thepca.com/gallery/?theme=eyeball

Additionally, you appear to be using cpg1.4.3, which is way outdated. Upgrade to the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.10) asap.

coba123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 07:44:29 pm »

Hello all,

I have same problem, cannot see the increment VIEW nor RATING, here is my detailed installation :

- coopermine 1.4.10 integrated with joomla 1.0.11 (successful, thanks to MEHDI)
- i know admin login doesn't count
- tried logging using username : TEST, still 0 View
- my cookie is cpg (without dot, already checked via phpmyadmin)
- my cookie path is /tmp (default setting, already tried using ../tmp or ./tmp) - result : nothing
- already tried deleting all browser cookies (IE 7 and Firefox 2.0) but still the problem didn't solve
- running on localhost using apache server in Win XP... still the problem exist

I've spent almost hours looking for the solution in this forum for this VIEW and RATING problem. Please help.

Thanks.

Note: for someone who has problem with LOGIN/LOGOUT cpg - joomla, try this :

===============================================================
Delete Login & Logout Title in your /lang/english.php
  'login_lnk' => '',
  'logout_lnk' => '',

In /include/themes.inc.php, Replace this line :

'{LOGOUT_LNK}' => $lang_main_menu['logout_lnk'] . " [" . stripslashes(USER_NAME) . "]",

With :

'{LOGOUT_LNK}' => $lang_main_menu['logout_lnk'],

This will remove Login/Logout Menu, so people are forced to use LOGOUT button from joomla.

Hope it help.

AK3D

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 07:55:52 pm »

A funny thing happened (with 1.4.3) - After restoring, someone was able to login and view/rate. However, most others aren't able to. As GauGau/Nibbler suggest, it must be something to do with cookies. I am currently in the process of upgrading the coppermine installation, lets see what happens after that.

PS : I got from the Mehdi plugin site that no 'wrapping' is used by the plugin?

"Does the bridge use Joomla's Wrapper ? Should I use Joomla's wrapper ?

Answer is no for both questions. The bridge automatically integrates Coppermine inside your Joomla template without using any iframe. "

coba123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 08:10:16 pm »

Agree with AK3D, cpg joomla's integration doesn't need wrapper.

Both my production server & localhost laptop didn't show VIEW / RATING.

I've tried CHMOD 777 on /tmp folder, no success.

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 10:12:19 pm »

I meant wrapper in a more general sense, there are things happening before and after the gallery that Coppermine has no control over. The cookie not working is unrelated to your server's /tmp directory, and the cookie path should (almost certainly) not be /tmp. Unless you can replicate this on a regular Coppermine gallery it has to be an issue with this joomla mod.

AK3D

• Coppermine newbie
Update :)
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 12:35:56 am »

Well, We upgraded to 1.4.10, tested in standalone mode first. It worked (of course it would!).

Then, I bridged CPG with Joomla and then did another test and it works. Ratings are also working now, I just tested. I'm not sure what the problem was in the first place , but well, thanks for the assistance and replies (I'd never have known to upgrade to 1.4.10 in the first place). Thanks for such a great gallery. ... Now for integrating the CSS with the website..

Re Coba123, I think you should do the same - install and test in standalone mode, then bridge to a copy of the joomla database/site and if that works properly, it ought to work with the main install as well. I think the mehdi bridge is working alright.

coba123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 07:33:17 am »

As suggested, i tried to install standalone cpg 1.4.10 on my localhost (PHP 4.4, apache 1.3.33, mysql 4.0.25), then enabled user registration and add 2 user for testing.

Rating is increasing (good), but number of view displayed "1" no matter how much it clicked by different user.

I've tried to create more user and more albums, still the problem insist, only "1" and no increment.

Checked cookie name cpg143 without dot

Thanks for your support.

coba123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 09:41:09 am »

FIXED.

Thanks to all supportive admin of coopermine, great!!!

I remove the cookie_path from "/tmp" to ""

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 10:00:51 am »

Thanks for resolving. Locking now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.