Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin to move any pictures in Pubic album to any private album  (Read 3736 times)

Iced Coffee

• Coppermine frequent poster
Admin to move any pictures in Pubic album to any private album
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:21:33 pm »

My gallery is for a group of children and each of them has their own private album. However, their parents sometime takes pictures of others and post to their own private albums or post in the public album. How can I move the pictures around from the public album or private album to another private album?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Admin to move any pictures in Pubic album to any private album
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 06:47:52 am »

Click "edit files" next to the thumbnail that represents the album, then use the dropdown fields next to the pic you want to see moved. Is being covered in the docs.

Iced Coffee

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 03:09:22 pm »

Click "edit files" next to the thumbnail that represents the album, then use the dropdown fields next to the pic you want to see moved. Is being covered in the docs.

Yes, I know about this function. But sorry, I found that even admin cannot move a file posted by Member A to the private album of Member B. Is this by default? and is there any way I can configure so that admin can move files around to anywhere I want?

Thanks.

DonSpliff

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:27:01 am »

In that case, you'll have to use PhpmyAdmin. It's easy to move a user album toward public categories.

However, you'll have to edit the properties of your user albums/pictures to assign them another album/category.
Holy Crap !

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 11:19:08 pm »

I can see why people would like to move pics from a public album to a personal gallery (user gallery). I can see why someone wants to move pics from a personal gallery to a public gallery. But I can't see why you would want to move a pic in a personal gallery of user A to a personal gallery of user B. This just doesn't make sense. That's why this feature hasn't been implemented.
DonSpliff's suggestion is correct.
Ask yourself though why you need to do what you're up to. Is it because you're using a coppermine feature for something coppermine wasn't designed to do? Please post why you would want to do what you're asking for.

Iced Coffee

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:46:53 am »

But I can't see why you would want to move a pic in a personal gallery of user A to a personal gallery of user B. This just doesn't make sense. That's why this feature hasn't been implemented.
Ask yourself though why you need to do what you're up to. Is it because you're using a coppermine feature for something coppermine wasn't designed to do? Please post why you would want to do what you're asking for.

Sorry, my requirement seems straight. But as I explained in the first post of this topic:

My gallery is for a group of children and each of them has their own private album. However, their parents sometime takes pictures of others and post to their own private albums or post in the public album. How can I move the pictures around from the public album or private album to another private album?

By this I meant: Parent A took pictures of his child and child B and C etc... and posted all to the album of his "child A". I would like to move pictures of child B taken by parent A to the album namely "child B", and pictures of child C to album "child C". This seems complicated and I don't know if anyone can help with this.

Someone might suggest that I should create album "child A", "child B"... etc in public, but I really want them private as they are, and only the Admin can move the pix around.

Let me know if I can do that. Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 01:28:34 pm »

Well, missing feature for you then. Make it a two-step process, moving temporarily to a public album and from there to a personal album.

Iced Coffee

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 11:05:19 am »

Well, missing feature for you then. Make it a two-step process, moving temporarily to a public album and from there to a personal album.

Oh, that's a part of my question also. I, as the Admin, can move a picture to a personal album if the poster is the owner of that personal album. If not, I cannot. Is it because I don't know and we can configure to change that? Pls let me know. It should be great if I can do it as you advised.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.