Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Log in without a password  (Read 3449 times)

aps

• Coppermine novice
« on: November 30, 2006, 05:53:45 am »

Hi there
I was wondering if it would be possible to log in to the gallery without using a password.
Presently we have a username/pw system for particular pages on our website and members are tired of having to create different usernames and pw's for each system (gallery, forum, calendar etc).
Ideally, I'd like them to use our main pw system and then be able to go directly to the gallery and participate using their username.
Is this possible and if so, can you please point me in the direction of where to find out how to do it?
Thanks. :)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Log in without a password
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 06:04:35 am »

You can use bridge between coppermine and your forum this way your forum users can use coppermine by login to forum

read documentation for more info.
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

aps

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:51:44 am »

Thanks for this.
However, in the documentation it says

Warning: If you already have users and custom groups in your coppermine database when you enable bbs integration, be aware that they will be lost. If your coppermine users have already created private albums and uploaded pics to them, they will be lost as well!

So, that's our case. We have about 150 users who have lots of files in there.

Is there another way?

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:14:49 am »

Backup your database.

Bridge.

Then manually reconnect all of the user galleries to the proper user_id's of the bridged system.

If you do a csv extract of the coppermine users, and do the same with the originating system, you could match them up in a spreadshet or other database, and create a sql file that you could import via phpmyadmin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.