Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging difficulties with 1.4.10 and phpBB 2.0.21  (Read 8612 times)

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging difficulties with 1.4.10 and phpBB 2.0.21
« on: November 29, 2006, 04:46:30 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine (1.4.10) and phpBB (2.0.21):
After enabling bridging (with updated udb_base.inc.php and phpbb.inc.php from http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/stable/bridge/) I then try to log onto Coppermine and imediately get directed back to my forum site. At the forum site the pictures (button graphics) are missing and I can't get logged on. I have to disable bridging using the "recover from failed bridging" instructions. ???

Coppermine install: http://www.motorcops.org/gallery/
Forum install: http://www.motorcops.org/forums/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.10
Forum version: phpBB 2.0.21
Test user account: testaccount/testaccount_1234

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.motorcops.org/forums/index.php
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forums/ 
Use post-based groups?:  0
Cookie name/preifx: phpbb2mysql (forum) cfg143 (gallery)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:04:11 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Bridging difficulties with 1.4.10 and phpBB 2.0.21
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 05:41:53 pm »

Leave the bridge enabled so that we can test it.

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:21:50 pm »

Leave the bridge enabled so that we can test it.

It's enabled.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:46:22 pm »

Forum URL:  http://www.motorcops.org/forums/index.php

Remove the index.php from the url there.

Test account does not work.

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 07:03:32 pm »

Remove the index.php from the url there.

I don't understand what you mean. Remove it from the bridging wizard? If so, I can't get to the portion where I entered the information any longer. As in the manual, I thought I would reset things to the defaults, but I can't even get to the section where I put the information in orginally.

If you're not referring to the bridging wizard, then I'm really lost.

Test account does not work.

The testaccount user did work before re-enabling bridging as you asked. For a test user at motorcops.org forums use: mariapardini/guinness_test. But the point is, with bridging enabled, _none_ of my account log-on.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 07:11:42 pm »

That account does not work either.

You change the url in the bridge manager. Disable it and then re-enable it with the correct settings.

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 07:27:20 pm »

That account does not work either.

You change the url in the bridge manager. Disable it and then re-enable it with the correct settings.

OK, I tried something different (to me) this time. After disabling the bridging wizard and getting logged out, I logged in as Admin, and then to Bridge Manager. I left the Disable radio button selected and hit next. _Then_ I got the original bridge wizard settings.

I did as you suggested, and removed the /index.php. Now when I try to log in the to the gallery, I get re-directed to the forums, where at least the images are back. So we're getting closer, but not quite there...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 07:30:25 pm »

You have directory indexes turned off. Create an .htaccess file within your webroot (or modify the one that might already exist) and put this into it:
Code: [Select]
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:39:49 pm »

You have directory indexes turned off. Create an .htaccess file within your webroot (or modify the one that might already exist) and put this into it:
Code: [Select]
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm

Done I think. I copied and pasted your wording into a Notepad text document, uploaded to my root directory, and then removed to text extension.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 07:50:07 pm »

You appear to have done something wrong, or your webhost doesn't allow you to have .htaccess files - the gallery still shows a directory list when going to http://www.motorcops.org/gallery/, although it should display the index page instead.
I suggest asking your webhost for support on this issue. However, it's merely a cosmetical problem, so let's return to your bridging issues: as Nibbler suggested, the second test user account doesn't work, so please review it. Just for clarification: this needs to be a user account from your BBS, not one created in Coppermine.

Joachim

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 07:57:54 pm »

You appear to have done something wrong, or your webhost doesn't allow you to have .htaccess files - the gallery still shows a directory list when going to http://www.motorcops.org/gallery/, although it should display the index page instead.

OK, I probably should mention that there is a .htaccess file in my /public_html/ directory.

I suggest asking your webhost for support on this issue.

Will do.

However, it's merely a cosmetical problem, so let's return to your bridging issues: as Nibbler suggested, the second test user account doesn't work, so please review it. Just for clarification: this needs to be a user account from your BBS, not one created in Coppermine.

Joachim

OK, I wasn't sure. For testing use: mariapardini/guinness_maria <---I had the wrong password, sorry :-[

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 08:17:36 pm »

Setting your forum's cookie domain to .motorcops.org and then clearing cookies should fix any remaining issues.

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 08:28:38 pm »

Setting your forum's cookie domain to .motorcops.org and then clearing cookies should fix any remaining issues.

I set the forum's cookie domain to .motorcops.org and then I deleted the history, cookies and temp files. But still when I select Login at the gallery, I still get re-directed to the forums.

Here's the address that shows in the address bar: http://www.motorcops.org/forums/login.php?redirect=../gallery/

Nibbler

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 08:32:11 pm »

That's the idea.

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 08:34:21 pm »

OK, I'm looking at my host (Hostgator) for information about the .htaccess file (which according to support chat they support in the root directory).

So now I'm thinking that once I get that straightened out (learning how write and what to put in there), I'll get directed to the gallery and all should be good? Or am I still missing something?

johnelaw

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 08:57:24 pm »

Success :D

I got to thinking about the .htaccess file. When I browsed this subject awhile ago, I recalled that the _closest_ .htaccess file takes priority. So I took the additions to the .htaccess file recommendationed by Joachim and put them in the .htaccess file that's in the directory one level above the forum and gallery directories.

Wow, now when I login at the forum and go to the gallery, I'm logged in automagically! And when I start at the gallery and login, I get redirected to the forum, login and immediately and automagically redirected back to the gallery.

So that solved the enitre file directory problem and the rest of the suggestions above resolved the other issues.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.