Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: add keyword advanced in coppermine gallery  (Read 4800 times)

profusion

• Coppermine newbie
add keyword advanced in coppermine gallery
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:42:27 am »

Hello
why coppermine can't generate advanced keyword, or i don't know  ???

* i can do it with Gallery2(gallery.menalto.com)
for example this site
if you go to gallery (adriana sklenarikova) in this url: http://www.rumela.com/gallery/adriana_sklenarikova , you can see in source code, about (adriana sklenarikova)
Code: [Select]
<meta name="description" content="Adriana Sklenarikova Picture Gallery
<meta name="keywords" content="Adriana Sklenarikova, Non Nude Adriana Sklenarikova Pictures,

or if you go to this url you can see, keyword about ( alexa vega )
http://www.rumela.com/gallery/alexa_vega

but i don't know how can i add keyword in coppermine gallery as gallery2
* are you have plugin, mod , or ... for this work ?
sorry for my english
thank you

Nibbler

Re: add keyword advanced in coppermine gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 03:30:36 pm »

Edit your theme's template.html and add them in.

profusion

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 04:19:52 pm »

hi
no , i want as this site gallery http://www.rumela.com/gallery
if i add keyword in template, in all albums have one keyword & description
but this gallery http://www.rumela.com/gallery if you go to every album you can see
new keyword & description
in fact every album, have one keyword & description
i can do it with system gallery2, but i like coppermine

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:19:06 pm »

Not sure what you mean: the keywords actually populate the corresponding meta tag as well out of the box. Maybe you're running an outdated version on your page (I don't have access to it atm due to restrictions imposed by my employer) - make sure that you're using cpg1.4.10.

If a pics has the keywords "foo bar whatever", the HTML output contains the line
<meta name="keywords" content="foo bar whatever"/>I wouldn't worry too much about the meta tag though: modern search engines don't take it into account, as it has been abused so much in the past.

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:17:52 am »

Not sure what you mean: the keywords actually populate the corresponding meta tag as well out of the box. Maybe you're running an outdated version on your page (I don't have access to it atm due to restrictions imposed by my employer) - make sure that you're using cpg1.4.10.

If a pics has the keywords "foo bar whatever", the HTML output contains the line
<meta name="keywords" content="foo bar whatever"/>I wouldn't worry too much about the meta tag though: modern search engines don't take it into account, as it has been abused so much in the past.

It does indeed generate the keyword tag but does it generate the description tag? I've looked around and can't find that, although I've got the function added to my theme to generate the header with custom page titles.

GauGau you are right, of course, about the SEO aspects due to abuse. But I think there is a role here, small though it may be, to help identify the page as unique content by having unique page titles (done!), meta description (help?) and meta keywords.

Out of the box the urls, page titles and lotsa link ops through the various on-page menus create a huge issue for duplicate content and supplemental results in the SERPs.

I was going to mess with the function code and toss it up here (not this thread - or should it be this thread?) for the experts to tear apart before trying it back in my theme.

To be clear, I've got the contextual and on-the-fly page titles and keywords - just not the meta descriptions.

THX!

gav240z

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 05:07:38 am »

It does indeed generate the keyword tag but does it generate the description tag? I've looked around and can't find that, although I've got the function added to my theme to generate the header with custom page titles.

GauGau you are right, of course, about the SEO aspects due to abuse. But I think there is a role here, small though it may be, to help identify the page as unique content by having unique page titles (done!), meta description (help?) and meta keywords.

Out of the box the urls, page titles and lotsa link ops through the various on-page menus create a huge issue for duplicate content and supplemental results in the SERPs.

I was going to mess with the function code and toss it up here (not this thread - or should it be this thread?) for the experts to tear apart before trying it back in my theme.

To be clear, I've got the contextual and on-the-fly page titles and keywords - just not the meta descriptions.

THX!

Hi Aeronautic,
Could you please tell me how you gave your gallery unique page titles? Currently mine has sitename - unique title however google see's this as duplicate pages. I want unique pages titles and if possible unique descriptions, unique keywords are a waste of time imo.

Any help would be appreciated, I tried searching the forum but only really found this thread.

Cheers
Gavin.

nickfzx

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 09:44:15 pm »

it does do unique page titles, if you are in a picture the title in the browser will be:

name_of_gallery -> name_of_album -> title_of_picture

you may have put your own title in the <head> section of template.html and disabled this ability.  it should be like:

<title>{TITLE}</title>

Aeronautic

• Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:18:50 pm »

Hi Aeronautic,
Could you please tell me how you gave your gallery unique page titles? Currently mine has sitename - unique title however google see's this as duplicate pages. I want unique pages titles and if possible unique descriptions, unique keywords are a waste of time imo.

Any help would be appreciated, I tried searching the forum but only really found this thread.

Cheers
Gavin.

Sorry for the late reply Gavin, but for you and others wanting this solution, please see this thread.

CPG does already produce unique page titles if you add the right data to the right fileds with most themes, but the thread above addresses the order and fields which produce page title tags.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.