Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: integration in existing website ?  (Read 6732 times)

SaS

• Coppermine newbie
integration in existing website ?
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:54:45 am »

Hi All,

Perhaps this is already discussed somewhere else but I could not faind any answer to my question in the forum or documentation.

I might be interested by coppermine script. However, before starting with it I need a couple of information.

Could I integrate the script in an already existing ID/password protected area of my community website ? (please note management of access in the existing website is based on mysql/php + session). Would it be sufficient to copy my <?php session_start(); blablabla ?> code at the very beginning of any/some page of your script or should I deeply change your code to do this ?
Actually, I have seen that Coppermine integration with most common message boards is possible, but is it easy to include Coppermine into an existing self-made php/mysql website using the existing table of users as the users list of Coppermine. In other words, can I rely on my existing ID/password based login to give end-users direct access to Coppermine without forcing them to re-log into Coppermine

As I am a very newbie in PHP/MySQL, assessing the level of complexity of this integration will be key in my selection of a photo-sharing platform...!

thank you in advance for any clarification

kind regards
---SaS

Nibbler

Re: integration in existing website ?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 01:04:15 pm »

You can, but you would need to write a bridge to be able to do this, you need decent PHP/MySQL skills.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.