Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't delete categories  (Read 4538 times)

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
Can't delete categories
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:01:22 am »

I am not sure what is going on but there are two categories that got accidently added and I need to remove them. They problem is that I have not way to do that. Normally when you click on categories there is a column that says operations and under that you can delete a category or whatever you need to do. Well I can see the operations at the top but there is no options listed under it to actually do anything or delete a category which is what I need to do. Can anyone help me?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't delete categories
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:24:22 am »

Please post a link to your coppermine-driven gallery and state what categories you actually want to see deleted. Keep in mind that you can't delete the "user galleries" category (this may solve the issue for one category, but I'm not sure about the second one).

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:34:32 am »

http://www.britneyexperts.com/gallery/index.php?cat=16
It is a subcategory of photoshoots 2005 called People Magazine and there are two of them. I want to delete them but I can't. And it is not just those two but I can't delete anything if I wanted to.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:17:13 am »

1) You're running cpg1.4.9, while the most recent release is cpg1.4.10. It's mandatory to upgrade!
2) What happens if you run http://www.britneyexperts.com/gallery/catmgr.php?op=deletecat&cid=116 or http://www.britneyexperts.com/gallery/catmgr.php?op=deletecat&cid=117 ?

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:24:43 am »

It saysYou don't have permission to access this page. 

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 09:13:20 am »

Sorry about my last response. When I ran those two links it did delete them for me. Do you have any idea as to why this happened. And I still can't edit any category if I need to. I would like to move one category down becuase it is not in sequential order but once again when I click on categories none of the operations are available for me to use to I can't do anything.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 10:10:21 am »

It seems that the category manager panel is running into a time-out (that's what others have reported in the past) if you have very many categories and a server that is not powerful enough for a huge gallery. Please post a screenshot (using "additional options" when composing your reply) of the very bottom of the category manager panel (of course without any ads or additional footer stuff you might have).

titoi

• Coppermine newbie
    • Titoi Dot Com
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 12:39:55 am »

I have the same problem- I was able to delete categories using the links above (just changing them to be appropriate for my needs), but I can't do it through the user interface. I also don't have the ability to change the order of either categories or albums- screenshots attached. The site is http://photos.ameralia.net

Thanks in advance for any input!

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 12:48:14 am »

I don't see a gallery at that link. Your issue appears to be different, make sure you uploaded the button images (images folder).

titoi

• Coppermine newbie
    • Titoi Dot Com
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 12:50:24 am »

whoops, that's cause I added an S that shouldn't have been there: http://photo.ameralia.net/

I'll check the images folder now- thanks.

titoi

• Coppermine newbie
    • Titoi Dot Com
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 01:01:03 am »

Yep, when I initially uploaded the files it appears that it didn't completely upload all of the folders - one of the dangers of being on a satellite connection in rural Australia - can't count on the internet connection >:(

Thanks for your help Nibbler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.