Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No new file was found  (Read 5218 times)

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
No new file was found
« on: November 18, 2006, 08:50:48 am »

I've looked all around for the actual reason for this error.  I need to know exactly what to tell my web host.  Could it be that the upload folder is too large?  Everything that I've read so far is relatively advanced.  I love the Coppermine format, but I need to know in very basic terms what the issues are with this error.  I hope that it's been sufficiently resolved by now so that an explanation is available in layman's terms.

The affected site's hosted by Site5, who supports the Coppermine initiative by offering the software as part of their package, but I don't expect them to know the ins and outs.

Any help, aside of referral links (I've read them all with no applicable results), will be greatly appreciated.  Please help- we've got a great gallery!

Many thanks in advance,

grandtradition

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: No new file was found
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 09:18:24 am »

More details please
You are using batch add, So what is the folder structure of albums folder
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:22:55 am »

I created a folder named "uploads" in "albums", in which all of the image folders reside.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 11:58:07 am »

It's better to create new folder each time to batch add

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 12:48:35 pm »

Sami,

Be that as it may, the "no new file was found" issue persists after creating and moving sub-folders to "uploads II".

I'm getting the impression that this issue has not been definitively resolved to the extent that the gallery may now be tapped out with no future uploads expectable.  Thoughts?

Respectfully submitted,

grandtradition

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 07:00:14 am »

Did you have something like that on your albums folder:
albums
              |-Uploads
              |           |-blahblah
              |                        |- New folder
              |-uploads II
              |              |-blahblah
              |                          |- New folder

if yes then batch add couldn't see your New folder
you should create your new folders on upload II , you can't go deeper

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 07:08:05 am »

It's recommended not to use spaces and capitalization in folder names. Please do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 05:33:08 pm »

OK- the folder uploadsii now contains the folders that have the relevent content.  Still no luck- geting the "No new file was found" message.

Is this process a matter of trial and error?  Is there a chance that the folder sizes are too large?  I'm getting the feeling that this might be a code OR host issue.  Please keep feeding me recommendtations- I'd really like to use the CPG long-term.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration so far.  We'll get there!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 08:13:04 pm »

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 10:35:26 pm »

OK.  I've read the entire sticky post.

Please understand- everything worked FINE and simply stopped working.  No settings were changed.  It just stopped working.  Is there a reason?  I'd just like to know if there is something I can do to make it work again?

Please forgive my frustration, but has anyone ACTUALLY solved this obviously widespread problem, other than offering a "you must have done something wrong" sticky post?  I just don't understand why CPG would stop working properly if no settings or folder structures change.  If I actually did something, I'd be asking for help to dig myself out of a hole, but CPG is making this more difficult than it should be.  My patience is waning- even free software should work properly.

Anyone want one last shot at a fix?

Up in arms,

grandtradition

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 10:56:38 pm »

If you don't do as suggested, we can't help you. Let me quote the upload troubleshooting section of the docs that I have refered to twice already, highlighting the important bits (the ones you obviously failed to read):
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 11:23:16 pm »

OK.  Fair enough.  Here goes:

site: http://www.grandtradition.net/gallery
user name: test
password: test

I can't change to "single file uploads only" because I'm using the Reynolds theme, which interferes with the group settings table, and I can't get CPG to change to another template...

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,

grandtradition

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 11:33:18 pm »

Actually, your gallery is using the classic theme. You appear to have set a cookie (just for you) to use reynolds. Anyway, even using reynolds you can edit the groups page settings. To clear your cookie and use the default theme, go here.
To force the use of the classic theme, go here.

The test user account you posted doesn't have the privilege to have a personal gallery nor is there an album where the test user is allowed to upload to, so I can't do anything at all.

I repeat (for the last time): do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs. Set things up exactly as suggested there. If you don't, we can't help you.

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 12:19:22 am »

GuaGau,

I have set up User: "test" to have the ability to have a personal gallery, to which I can upload single files.  No problem.  I still get the error message with the batch upload tool, though.  Please remember, I'm still getting familiar with CPG, and as such, I can't discover how to give users permission to upload to a particular album.

I hope everything is set up to be as useful as you need it to be.  Please let me know otherwise.

Thanks for your help,

grandtradition

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 07:41:18 am »

The number of URI upload files is till set to 1 instead of 0. You still failed to do as suggested. I'm out of this thread.

grandtradition

• Coppermine newbie
    • Grand Tradition
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 01:32:23 pm »

URI uploads is now set to 0, if you can stomach another attempt.  Believe me, I'm trying here, and the only thing I'm hearing is "you did something wrong," which is true I guess- but it still gets many people no closer to understanding why CPG batch uploads stops working.

Thanks for working with a newbie, however frustrating it's been.  I guess if there will really be no more responses, I have no real other choice than to abandon CPG, as powerful as it seems.  It's been a wild ride!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 02:32:20 pm »

I was able to http-upload a test file just fine (http://www.grandtradition.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-879). Post a deep link to one of the images you're trying to batch-add.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.