Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting a white screen when trying to assign albums  (Read 2760 times)

darkwiredesign

• Coppermine newbie
Getting a white screen when trying to assign albums
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:12:20 am »

After doing some testing, I believe I figured out what the problem was and how to fix it.

Thanks anyways. I hope I didn't waste your time.

Hello,

I just recently installed and configured coppermine for a client of mine for him to be able to upload and organize his pictures. I've tried numerous times in both IE and Firefox to upload  pictures and have had no problems uploading. However, the client, when he tried to upload, is unable to. The problem is as-follows:

He logs in, clicks the link to upload the photo, finds and uploads the file, then it says 'upload successful! continue to assign albums'. When he clicks the link to assign albums, he gets a blank white screen with "Done" in the bottom left corner of the browser, instead of the screen that allows you to choose the album to put the photo in.

He first tried it on his laptop on IE, then he tried it on Mozilla on a different computer, with the same results each time. Like me, he also has a broadband connection and uploading has worked fine for me, which leads me to ask, could it be a possible firewall or browser security setting he may have on that's preventing him from uploading because everything works fine on my end. I've checked the permissions for the folders that were stated in the FAQ and all of the ones listed are set to 777. Is there something I'm overlooking or could his internet settings be preventing him from uploading and assigning to folders?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 02:37:29 am by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.

Please post your solution so others may benefit from your new-found knowledge.

darkwiredesign

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Getting a white screen when trying to assign albums
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 03:12:16 am »

Although it's probably nothing super advanced, the file size limit on the admin configuration page was set to 1024. I simply boosted this number up to a higher size, then shrunk the images images down and made sure they were no larger than 1024 pixels wide. After I did this, the uploads have worked fine for both myself and my client. I think this was tackled in the FAQs, I just didn't understand it. So if anybody else has the same problem, I would suggest checking the file size limit, then checking the file width and either boost the size of transfers allowed or shrink your files, or, like i did, both. (keep in mind that I'm not PHP-saavy)

Not sure if this was the right thing to do, but it seems to have solved this problem. Hope this may help somebody else in the future.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 03:52:27 am »

Thanks for your detailed post describing the issue you found.  It may also be useful for the devs to check out a better warning message, if it's Coppermine that is at fault for the blank screen.  (note to self)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 04:05:16 am by Paver »

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 03:22:28 am »

I have this same problem.  CPG goes to blank screen.  The files are tiny, but they are too big.  It does seem like a bug that the script goes blank instead if giving a message explaining the problem. 

Why does it stop though, when I have the option selected to auto-resize?

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:12 am »

I guess I'm still lost after all.  Here's the situation:  I'm trying to upload a large (about 1600x1700) image, but it's only 100KB.  When I try, it seems to upload, but the screen goes blank when I hit the button to continue (assign to albums).  My settings are for max size of 2048 px and 300 KB.  Why is it breaking?

If I resize the image by 50%, everything works.

Ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 07:58:00 am »

Trouble-shooting the upload process.
In the future, don't try to hijack threads, but start your own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.