Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merge users for 2 or more galleries?  (Read 2995 times)

capecodgal

• Coppermine frequent poster
Merge users for 2 or more galleries?
« on: November 16, 2006, 08:31:40 pm »

Hi-

Hopefully I am posting this in the correct board, if not I appologize but I didn't think this question belonged elsewhere....

I am looking for a way to merge the registered users between 2 or more galleries? Basically I want to have an image gallery and a media gallery (seperate galleries so I can have seperate layouts and categories) but have the registered users merge between both galleries. So if a user registers in the image gallery their login would work in the media gallery as well. Is this even possible?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Merge users for 2 or more galleries?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:36:37 pm »

bridge both galleries to a bbs like smf

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 08:54:41 pm »

...or modify include/init.inc.php and make one users table point to the other.
However, keeping two galleries doesn't make sense. Why don't you create two parent categories ("pics" and "videos") and the corresponding sub-categories in one gallery? Afaik there's a mod that let's you choose different themes for different categories - maybe that's an option for you.

capecodgal

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 08:59:38 pm »

However, keeping two galleries doesn't make sense. Why don't you create two parent categories ("pics" and "videos") and the corresponding sub-categories in one gallery?

I want to have 2 different themes- one for Image Gallery and one for Media Gallery- I know I can let the user select their theme if I turn that on however I want it to be automatic and thought it would be easier to bridge the users between the 2 galleries than try to load a specific theme based on a category that is selected (if that makes sense)

Can you tell me where in the init.inc.php file I will find this value? Would I just change the path for it to point to gallery A?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:06:00 pm »

however I want it to be automatic
That's exactly what the mod I was refering to is suppossed to do.

Can you tell me where in the init.inc.php file I will find this value? Would I just change the path for it to point to gallery A?

Re: Strategy for separation of photos and videos?

Re: Link two gallerys

(and some other threads).
In the future, please search before posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.