Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridged Amember  (Read 22587 times)

Marchello

• Coppermine newbie
Bridged Amember
« on: November 15, 2006, 02:26:25 pm »

I have bridged CPG 1.4.10 with a program called Amember.
According to the develeoper there seems to be sometgin wrond with Coppermine's bridge manager.

Let me explain the problem:

- Before enabling the bridge I created some new User Groups
- When enabling the Bridgde all my new User Groups get deleted. And all I have left is the Deafualt User Groups

Does it have something to do with this code in bridgemgr.php???:

cpg_db_query("DELETE FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERGROUPS']} WHERE 1");^M
                       cpg_db_query("INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERGROUPS']}^M
                       VALUES (1, 'Administrators', 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 3, 0, 5, 3)");^M
                       VALUES (2, 'Registered', 1024, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 3, 0, 5, 3)");^M
                       VALUES (3, 'Anonymous', 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 5, 3)");^M
                       VALUES (4, 'Banned', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 5, 3)");^M

Thanks!!

Nibbler

Re: Bridged Amember
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:54:26 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24032.0

Amember bridging is not officially supported here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 03:59:18 pm »

To others with similar issues: the coppermine dev team is not involved nor do we know amember. People who use it should look for support from where they got amember from.

Marchello

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:43:22 pm »

Ok guys,

I understand. Since Amember is using the custom bridge option I was hoping you can explain to me why Coppermine is deleting new groups after bridging.
It would be nice if it didn't and if you guys know how to prevent this. Amember doesn't have any groups itself, so enabling post_based groups or whatever is not the solution. It just grabs the groups from Coppermine ( at least thats what it tries....but they get deleted.. : )

If you need any info please tell me.

Begging.....on my knees...... :'(

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 05:49:15 pm »

If the software you are bridging to does not have groups then you can't have groups. Even if you disable the deletion of Coppermine groups you will have no way to assign members to the groups.

Marchello

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 05:56:59 pm »

What Amember does is adding members to the Coppermine database in the appropriate Coppermine group ( so it doesn't need its own Groups). The whole registration process of Coppermine is replaced by Amember by the bridge
Its just software that I want to use to have members pay.

Member who pay 10 dollars go to Group 1
Members who pay 20 dollars go to Group 2 etc.....

so it really just preventing the deletion..... can you tell me that?

If you're curious I added a screenshot from Amember where it asked which Group a member should be assgined to after paying ( now it's still the Standard Groups)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 06:05:51 pm »

You seem not to understand Coppermine's bridging concept: when bridged, Coppermine drops the groups and user management it comes with and uses the groups and users management of the app it gets bridged with instead. If the app you bridge with doesn't have groups, then you can't have groups - that's it (as Nibbler already suggested). Complain @ the creators of the amember application - blame them not to have integrated groups membership into their app. As suggested before: there's little point in asking us for support on the amember bridge, since we don't know nor support it.

Marchello

• Coppermine newbie
Dropping groups
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 05:45:46 pm »

Dear coppermine team,

It doesn't make any sense why Coppermine drops the groups after bridging. Even if I have groups from the Bridged program (which I do now) I still need the same groups in Coppermine so I can add permissions like quota, comments etc.
Each time I disable the bridge to (for example) adjust settings in Coppermine the groups are dropped. After enabling the bridge again I have to set the permissions again for each group cause they are all reset.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 06:50:29 pm »

Hm, maybe I haven't made my point ::): the bridge file you're talking about goes unsupported (as in "no support at all"). There's little point in ranting about it. Seek support from the creators of the amember bridge. Really. I mean it. I have no idea what the amember bridge does, how it works, why anyone would keep on disabling and enabling it just for the sake of configuring coppermine.

Marchello

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 11:38:42 pm »

Well you're message was clear from the start. Im not asking for support really. I was just wondering about the 'dropping groups' and why Coppermine does this. So it's more like curiosity....

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 05:42:46 am »

It's not coppermine who drop groups ! bridge does
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.