Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Using cpmFetch with add-on domains?  (Read 5519 times)

littlefeather

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Using cpmFetch with add-on domains?
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:47:51 am »

cpmfetch goes in with your Coppermine Photo Gallery.

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not, but i am running an SMf forum (rc3) with tinyportal, and I want to run a 'random images block' on the front page...( i know the code to do that..lol, but...)

been trying to figure out where to install cpmfetch 1.6.4. (Just don't want to put it in the wrong spot on a live site...hehe)

I have talksurrey.ca/portal for forum and talksurrey.ca/gallery bridged ( and working well)..

Just a bit confused with the install inst. and want some clarifying, if i could please...

Does it go in root, in portal, or in the coppermine gallery folder itself?

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 08:28:36 am »

Split from http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=37605.0
Don't try to hijack other's threads! >:(

littlefeather

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 09:01:52 am »

??? I wasn't TRYING to hijack a thread....I simply asked a question.. thought it might be topic related ( mentioned this in my post I believe)... and requested a topic related answer.

If it needed to be split, no problem there, but no need to scold someone for it I don't think...perhaps support may be more useful and a kindly reminder... I have only but a few posts, and being a moderator of an equally busy forum as well as a site builder, I honestly have to say I couldn't see myself ever responding in such a manner, and so frequently. How unfortunate. :( What a fantastic gallery it has become.

I have pretty much read everything in relation to the question I asked more than once, and the original thread I posted in was the closest came to finding what I was looking for....hmmm perhaps an answer would have been sufficient. No worries. Sorry to take up your time.

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 03:40:14 pm »

??? I wasn't TRYING to hijack a thread....I simply asked a question.. thought it might be topic related ( mentioned this in my post I believe)... and requested a topic related answer.

If it needed to be split, no problem there, but no need to scold someone for it I don't think...perhaps support may be more useful and a kindly reminder... I have only but a few posts, and being a moderator of an equally busy forum as well as a site builder, I honestly have to say I couldn't see myself ever responding in such a manner, and so frequently. How unfortunate. :( What a fantastic gallery it has become.

I have pretty much read everything in relation to the question I asked more than once, and the original thread I posted in was the closest came to finding what I was looking for....hmmm perhaps an answer would have been sufficient. No worries. Sorry to take up your time.

You should hang out on the openbsd list for awhile... a true verbal pummeling cannot be envisoned till you see some of those. 

Gaugau pretty much moderates the ENTIRE forum and has to deal with this stuff on a minute-to-minute basis.  I would not take it  personally.  Think of it as getting a traffic ticket... the cop probably took the time to be gentle with the first dozen or so people he pulled over, but after years - well, its "stop speeding, here's your ticket, whack with a nightstick".

I'd have to say, in my support experience, whacking people does have a better long term effect than gentle reminders.  I wish it were not so, but it does help.

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 03:42:01 pm »

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing or not, but i am running an SMf forum (rc3) with tinyportal, and I want to run a 'random images block' on the front page...( i know the code to do that..lol, but...)

been trying to figure out where to install cpmfetch 1.6.4. (Just don't want to put it in the wrong spot on a live site...hehe)

I have talksurrey.ca/portal for forum and talksurrey.ca/gallery bridged ( and working well)..

Just a bit confused with the install inst. and want some clarifying, if i could please...

Does it go in root, in portal, or in the coppermine gallery folder itself?

Thanks

If its all in the same domain / server, you can install it anywhere.  The newer, 1.9.x dev series recommends inside the CPG directory, but that is just to help the install process go nicely.

Does that answer your question?

Vuud
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

littlefeather

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:42:48 pm »

Honestly, I really do understand Gaugau's position, ( a moderator of an entire forum that is, and I know how it can be), but guess I'm just not that kind of cop.  ;)
(I am also a mother of 3 teenage boys, maybe thats where that came from... rofl)

;D Thank you very much Vuud...Yes it does answer my question.. and makes perfect sense now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.