Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I hate scrolling  (Read 14809 times)

archie

• Coppermine newbie
I hate scrolling
« on: January 13, 2007, 02:06:48 pm »

Although I like Coppermine very much, I hate the scolling and I think the available space in the screen is very badly used. It are the albums that bother me. I use the filmstrip and everytime I have to scroll up to see the full picture. Then I click the next picture and I have to scroll again.

Ofcourse I like the logo of Coppermine but I should like to have it next to my photoos, not above. The same goes for the filmstrip itselves. Next to the photo is more then enough space.

Archie
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 01:53:52 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: I hate scrolling
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 03:37:13 pm »

That's entirely up to you: you can come up with a custom theme with a vertical filmstrip next to the intermediate pics. There are some pre-made themes that have a vertical filmstrip as well (e.g. http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/displayimage.php?pos=-170&theme=classic_filmstrip_vert). If you actually want support on how to accomplish this, you shouldn't have posted on the "General discussion (no support!)" board - as the name suggests, there is no support here to be found. Therefor, if you want help, post a link to your coppermine-driven gallery - a moderator will then move this thread to the corresponding board.

archie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I hate scrolling
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:33:28 am »

Thanks, that's what I need. Now I know you can make your own theme, I think I go further with Coppermine. I run it as a demo on my local machine, but I'm going to use it on my personal website.

I've got enough material now to make my own theme. I think I go for a compact theme with a smaller headings in order to get rid of the crolling completely.

Thanks again, you've made me a Coppermine lover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.