Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coppermine-gallery/Photo Post  (Read 5747 times)

JamRob

• Coppermine newbie
coppermine-gallery/Photo Post
« on: November 09, 2006, 07:39:16 pm »

Hey I think you guys should take a look at Photo Post and get everything that Photo Post has for coppermine-gallery. You should also think about chnaging your look and get something liek the look they have. Photo Post Is the best Paid Photo gallery script online today and if you had everything they had for coppermine-gallery and had a setup liek they have coppermine-gallery would be the best Photo gallery Software online today (Paid/Free)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:31:36 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: coppermine-gallery/Photo Post
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:31:22 pm »

Not a valid feature request.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 09:57:35 am »

The most efficient thing you can do is ask PhotoPost to give their software for free. Otherwise, you're essentially asking us to do all the work to make a PhotoPost-like product for free. There's no point in doing that for us since we're happy with what we have. Are we completely satisfied? Of course we always want to improve and add new features. It doesn't mean we need to copy another product and be redundant.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 10:01:06 am »

Hehe, I strongly doubt that the Photopost people would give away their product for free, especially if you're going to use it to write an importer from Photopost to Coppermine ;D.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 10:10:14 am »

Oh, I know. I just wanted to point out the irrationality of the request by comparing it to another outrageous one. :D Looking over the Features summary of photopost, we pretty much have them covered in Coppermine, so I don't see the point of the request.

It would have been more constructive to request specific features rather than tell a development team to copy another product.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 10:18:00 am by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 01:28:51 pm »

Oh, I know.
@Thu: I knew that you weren't seriously suggesting to ask Photopost for a free copy. My last remark was aimed at the thread starter, to add to what you said.

Looking over the Features summary of photopost, we pretty much have them covered in Coppermine [...].
[...] rather than tell a development team to copy another product.
Basically, Photopost has copied a lot of features from Coppermine: we had them first, they "borrowed" the ideas from us ;D.

I have been observing Photopost for some time, they seem to be monitoring Coppermine development pretty closely. No problem with that, they are allowed to do so.

Hey I think you guys should take a look at Photo Post and get everything that Photo Post has for coppermine-gallery. You should also think about chnaging your look and get something liek the look they have. Photo Post Is the best Paid Photo gallery script online today and if you had everything they had for coppermine-gallery and had a setup liek they have coppermine-gallery would be the best Photo gallery Software online today (Paid/Free)
So you want us to create a clone of Photopost? You want us to put them out of business? Is this your idea of open source? Review your attitude. We're open source developers, not thieves.

If you want an app that tastes, looks and feels exactly like Photopost, then buy a license for Photopost instead of posting lame and irrelevant requests.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.