Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bw and sepia mod  (Read 6390 times)

vm5015

• Coppermine newbie
bw and sepia mod
« on: November 09, 2006, 07:25:34 pm »

is it possible to do a bw and sepia filters for each photograph. I have searched the forum and all i could find was that you need to create a separate version (bw / sepia) of each photograph and upload them all. I am looking to imitate the look i saw here:

http://momentshare.com/demo.php
click on a picture and you will see these options under it.

How do they do it?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 08:14:24 am by GauGau »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: bw and sepia mod
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:18:11 pm »

Seems to me it is a filtering option you need. Haven't seen that before in the mods and hacks or plugins that i am aware of.

Good request. Would be a nice one for CPG's that host banquet pictures etc..

vm5015

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 11:40:49 pm »

I've been trying to find info on how this is done, but unsuccessful. It looks like it could be a javascript script, but I am not sure how to do this. A similar mod would work for me, this is just the best I have seen.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 08:14:07 am »

Best option would be to apply sepia filters on the client before uploading to the server. That's what the pros do. Second best option would be modifying the pic on the server (using ImageMagick or GD), but none of those libraries is capable to apply a sepia efect out-of-the-box. No hack known that does this. Would be very resources-consuming. You could come up with a hack that turns the pics into black and white though. Third option would be using filters (CSS/JavaScript). Drawback: only M$-browsers will be able to display them, other browsers won't.
Bottom line: not a very usefull thing for the majority of users, therefor turning this request down.

vm5015

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 04:27:02 pm »

so how do these momentshare people do this? i know for sure that they don't pre-load 3 copies of each picture, it has to be a css/javascrip.

any suggestions how to just make the black and white (I can bypass the sepia for now)?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »

I don't think they're doing anything client-side. Each of the different versions have distinct urls with specific parameters. It is possible that the urls point to 3 distinct files. If the image libraries aren't able to do sepia, it's unlikely that they're doing it dynamically to one file.

vm5015

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 06:57:23 pm »

hmmm, i know someone that uses this service, and they claim they only upload one version of the file.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 07:10:07 pm »

There may be image libraries (or self-written code) that are capable to accomplish this. However, the image libraries Coppermine can be used with (GD and ImageMagick) are not capable to do so.
As far as I can see, momentshare is not an app that you can download and use on your webserver, but a service offering picture hosting, so they may have a special server setup (that's even most likely). Think of it as a service similar to youtube: although you can upload your video files in many different formats, they convert your video on the server (embedding it into flash afaik) and then host the converted video for you. They are only capable to do so because the server is theirs and they are allowed and capable to run a custom piece of code created by them.

Bottom line: just because momentshare is capable to accomplish this doesn't mean that it's possible to integrate this feature into coppermine.

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 07:19:20 pm »

ImageMagick can do this, it's in the manual. You'd need to come up with a mod to produce the variations you want when the file is uploaded. This is not a support thread though.

vm5015

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 07:21:39 pm »

ait. thanks for the info gentlemen. i will try to get around this thing somehow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.