Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble displaying videos in coppermin with windows media 12 upgrade  (Read 2656 times)

CyberChaos

• Coppermine newbie

Hi
I have my mountain bikes clubs gallery set up here:

http://www.beamishoddsox.co.uk/gallery

I have a number of videos uploaded which are a mix of avi and wmv. They play fine on my machine, even the largest streams down fairly quickly.

I am getting complaints from some club members that they cannot view them or they are REALLY slow to start. Another problem that has cropped up is machines with MediaPlayer 12 just do NOTHING when you click on the link, is there something i should know so I can pass the info over to the members.

I am fairly new to this whole streaming thing so please keep answers in idiots  ::) terms
Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Trouble displaying videos in coppermin with windows media 12 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 03:16:48 pm »

You're running cpg1.4.9, which has known flaws in displaying videos. Upgrade to the most recent version (currently cpg1.4.10) and your issues will be OK, and you will have fixed a serious security vulnerability as well.

Joachim

P.S. Coppermine doesn't actually use streaming technologies. The videos are just embedded into the HTML output of the page, that's all. Not really "streaming" - you'd need special server hardware/setup to actually stream your videos. Your client#s video player just does some pre-loading or pre-caching, that's all. Not related to your issues though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.