Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't want thumbnails - do want animated gifs!  (Read 2914 times)

jenepherre

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • there's beauty in the breakdown
Don't want thumbnails - do want animated gifs!
« on: February 15, 2004, 09:48:13 pm »

It may be that Coppermine isn't the right product for what I'm trying to do, but hopefully someone here can tell me for sure...

My gallery is of 100x100 pixel or smaller avatars and icons.  Many are animated gifs.  Because of the size, I don't want or need to make thumbnails of them.  

I've set max dimension of thumbnail to 100 and set the create intermediate pictures to off, but that obviously isn't enough.  I don't have ImageMagick available to me, and so apparently I can't upload any .gif files - animated or not.  But I don't even need a program to make thumbnails of them!  Can't I turn this off somehow?

If there's no way to overcome this problem, can anyone suggest an alternative?  I need the gallery to be searchable.

Thanks in advance,
Jen Robertson
=================================
Jen Robertson
I don't want to explain, I just want to dance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 10:16:16 am »

One of the most basic and important features of coppermine is it's abbility to resize pictures (creating intermediates and thumbnails); The library GD doesn't have support for legal reasons. Although there would be ways (which would require massive code changes in coppermine) to accomplish what you want, you'd lose the major benefits of coppermine (well, in fact you don't need it, so there's no "loss" :wink: ).
I guess coppermine isn't the right product for you then, you should look for a more simplicistic picture database software.

GauGau

jenepherre

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • there's beauty in the breakdown
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 04:58:34 pm »

Thanks for the quick response!  You just confirmed what I already suspected... I'll have to look elsewhere, for this project anyway.

I had enough fun playing around with the settings and seeing what it could do that I'll probably use it for one of my other sites though (no gif support needed for that one   :)   ).  It is a great program when used for its intended purpose.   :lol:
Jen Robertson
I don't want to explain, I just want to dance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.