Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View count in Most Views, not anywhere else  (Read 1983 times)

maelody

• Coppermine newbie
View count in Most Views, not anywhere else
« on: February 15, 2004, 08:40:13 pm »

I've been playing around with this when I was creating my own theme and I know removing {CAPTION} does remove it, but I don't want it gone on the Most Views page. Is there a way to keep only the title of the picture when viewing the thumnails and nothing else, and only the view count in the Most Views section? Thanks!

gregswaney

• Coppermine newbie
try this
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 10:26:56 pm »

Im not sure if this will take it out of the Most Views as well...but if you go into the functions.inc.php file and go to edit > find and search for the words "hits" it will come up first with  ...title, caption, hits....click find next and then click find next one more time...this time it will show the word hits in a line that says
Code: [Select]
$caption = ($rowset[$key]['title']||$rowset[$key]['hits']) ? "<span class=\"thumb_title\">".$rowset[$key]['title'].(($rowset[$key]['title'])?"-":"").sprintf($lang_get_pic_data['n_views'], $rowset[$key]['hits'])."</span>" : '';

replace that line with this
$caption = ($rowset[$key]['title']||$rowset[$key]['hits']) ? "<span class=\"thumb_title\">".$rowset[$key]['title'].(($rowset[$key]['title'])?"-":"")/*.sprintf($lang_get_pic_data['n_views'], $rowset[$key]['hits'])*/."</span>" : '';

which, in essence...just comments out the part of the caption where it shows the hits in the thumbnail caption. Try this and see if it works. If not...dont ask me haha i have no clue. I removed all the links at the top for Most Views, Login, Etc...so I dont know if this takes it out for the Most Views section or not..but it takes out the # of view in the thumbnail view. Good luck!

[edit GauGau]
please use the [ C o d e ] button on this board next time. I edited your posting accordingly for better readability...
[/edit]
[/b]

katharsis

• Coppermine newbie
View count in Most Views, not anywhere else
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 07:33:10 pm »

This worked great for me. I changed it a bit more to eliminate the "-" after the picture title.

$caption = $caption = ($rowset[$key]['title']||$rowset[$key]['hits']) ? "<span class=\"thumb_title\">".$rowset[$key]['title'].(($rowset[$key]['title'])?"":"")/*.sprintf($lang_get_pic_data['n_views'], $rowset[$key]['hits'])*/."</span>" : '';
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.