Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: however it can't be executed by the script.  (Read 12813 times)

Jefis

• Coppermine newbie
however it can't be executed by the script.
« on: February 15, 2004, 05:56:25 pm »

Code: [Select]
Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [C:/im/convert images/nopic.jpg albums/userpics/im.gif] in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\install.php on line 86

Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/im.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\install.php on line 87

Warning: unlink(albums/userpics/im.gif): No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\install.php on line 88

The following errors were encountered and need to be corrected first:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The installer found the ImageMagick 'convert' program in  C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/other/ImageMagick/, however it can't be executed by the script.
You may consider using GD instead of ImageMagick

About the system :
Windows server 2003
PHP 4.3
MySQL 4
IIS v6.0
Execute Permisions = "scripts and executables"
Full Control permisions for Image Magic & Gallery.

What Shoud I do now??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 09:44:08 am »

you'll have to do the equivalent to chmod in the Windows world: open your windows explorer, right click on the folder that contains ImageMagick's convert.exe, select "properties" - "permissions" and make sure the user the script runs under (usually a user called IUSR_hostname) has read/execute permissions on it.

GauGau

Jefis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 01:27:57 pm »

Ok, I added all availible permisions for IUSR_<pc_name> but it's still not working, i creater user "EVERYONE" with 0777 permisions, (full control) but it's still not working.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 03:15:46 am »

as you installed it on windows, you should be able to run the tests from the ImageMagick package. Do they work?

GauGau

Suffering

• Coppermine newbie
Re: however it can't be executed by the script.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 05:00:17 am »

I've done the same thing, giving the web user IUSR_<pc_name> full control.  Experiencing the same problems.

I'm running Image Magick 6.2.4 on Windows XP Pro SP2 with Coppermine 1.3.3.  Doesn't seem to be a permissions problem from what I can tell.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 09:36:00 am »

Then for you the same question applies:
as you installed it on windows, you should be able to run the tests from the ImageMagick package. Do they work?
Don't forget to allow full control for the system as well.

Suffering

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 05:29:42 am »

I don't seem to have any tests to run in my particular ImageMagick installation (6.2.4).

I did however make sure that the SYSTEM user has full control of the ImageMagick directory as well.  It didn't make any difference.

Is there anything else I can do to simulate a php exec to test whether this is a permissions thing or not?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 08:13:23 am »

There definitely are tests that come with ImageMagick, read the docs that come with it. Note that this board is not dedicated to web server setup support, but only for coppermine. We recommend GD anyway.

aztbca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 04:31:30 am »

If your server is running PHP in safe mode, which it is likely to be if you're using a (free) shared host, your scripts don't have the right to execute shell commands. As this script runs ImageMagick as a shell command, you won't be able to use it.

also, imagemagick needs to run exec() function in php pages, which is disabled by most virtual host servers.(php.ini - disable_functions)

You could
a. ask your hosting provider to disable safe mode or
b. use the GD library to generate your images.

ImageMagick is far more powerful than the GD library, but you can use the latter even in safe mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.