Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reseting Admin Password  (Read 3795 times)

alfrocks

• Coppermine newbie
Reseting Admin Password
« on: November 04, 2006, 10:44:22 pm »

I recently got in a pickle, while messing around with my gallery I realized that I didn't know either my password nor e-mail address for my user. So, I went and messed around and I managed to change the e-mail address for my user somehow. I pressed the "forgot password" link and put in my new address so it could reset my password, I got the notification e-mail asking if I really wanted to reset the password, I cliked it and nothing happened I didn't receive a new e-mail address with a new password. Now when I try and log-in back to my administrator user the pre-filled password doesn't work anymore. That means I don't have access to manage my gallery anymore.

So is there a way I can fix this little problem? Is there some "backdoor" entrance so I enter the gallery or anything like that?

Thank you.
http://alfrocksmedia.com/albums/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 03:26:39 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Reseting Admin Password
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 10:53:48 pm »

Set a new password on your admin account using phpmyadmin. It will be user_id 1 in the prefix_users table. Set the password as an MD5 hash using the dropdown box. Search the board for detailed instructions.

alfrocks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 03:25:57 am »

Thank you very much the problem is now fixed Sorry I didn't search the message board before posting this message. This all was very complicated to do. I never did figure out how to work the md5 hash ordeal but after ready different posts I just created a new user and copied the password to my admin account.

ashelby

• Coppermine novice
    • ArmedForcesPhotos.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:52:52 am »

To eliminate anyone else that may be confused, can this only reside in the CPG Database?

I have my CPG bridged with PHPbb2 and although I know I was putting password in correct, I went ahead and followed what I found on the forums to fix it.  The MD5 hash reset via mySQL database manager.

I only found one username and password in there and it is not the one I am using as Admin, in fact I don't see the username anywhere but in the DB.  I am up to about a 15 minute wait on the password reset, because I have guessed wrong so many times now.

We will see about 2220 seconds.  ;D  >:(

Aric

ashelby

• Coppermine novice
    • ArmedForcesPhotos.com
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 05:06:53 am »

I don't know why, but it worked!  :D

Now, why the heck was I even disabling it???  Something with groups.  ???

Aric
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.