Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: i-feel-dirty : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x  (Read 66929 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
i-feel-dirty : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x
« on: November 03, 2006, 09:16:28 pm »

Hiddy Ho,

Here's another cool looking theme for Coppermine ported from a WordPress theme by studio ST - http://studio.st/. The layout is cool and should be fully compatible with most of the major browsers (I tested it with FF, IE and Safari at various monitor resolutions) . The width will accomodate monitor sizes from 800x600 on up.

I've overwritten some of the configuration settings by using variables in the theme.php file. The reason for this is to prevent the standard settings in the Configuration tables set by you from "breaking" the theme. These changes are:

$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 3; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 3"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".

This theme has the first level of album thumbnails turned off to make large (as well as small) galleries look move attractive. This will prevent the main page from being cluttered with thumbnails and easier to chose a particular category. Also, this theme is geared towards intermediate photos sizes of 400 pixels or less but the theme will reduce the size automatically for intermediate images larger than this. The popup size can be any size though.

Enjoy and maybe I'll have another one in a few days.

Cheers,

Gizmo  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 11:12:32 am by GauGau »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
Re: i-feel-dirty : Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.x
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 04:49:45 pm »

Very nice Theme...my favorite so far. I think the color combinations are what makes this such a nice theme.

My only wish (and there may be reasons why it can't do this) is that I wished it was just slightly wider...maybe another 50-75 pixels (less space on the right).

But...as it is...Great Job!!!

Wally

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 04:57:14 pm »

Thanks Razor! It can be widen but you'd have to muck around with the header and footer graphics. I think most theme designers (including me) try to keep the width at 800px for those many people using 800x600 resolution monitors which is still the majority. I agree, blogs don't need such wide themes as do those for photo galleries.

Cheers...
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 05:38:55 pm »

You know what...after customizing it and using it for a little while...Don't change a thing. This is a VERY NICE theme.

Here is my new website using this theme.   http://www.wallyjarratt.com

Thanks Gizmo...this is a very functional and attractive template.

Wally

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 07:09:40 pm »

I have to agree with you on this theme. The more I see and use it, the more I really like it and it looks great with your gallery. I guess bumming around on the net at lunch time does have it's advantages!

Cheers and thanks again!

Gizmo

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 11:27:18 am »

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 07:58:33 am by Joachim Müller »

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:34:27 am »

Great job Gizmo!  This theme was already in my WP theme list  ;D

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 03:38:44 am »

Thanks... I can see visions coming through...  :o

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 06:11:48 pm »

Thanks Razor! It can be widen but you'd have to muck around with the header and footer graphics. I think most theme designers (including me) try to keep the width at 800px for those many people using 800x600 resolution monitors which is still the majority.
Have you checked more recent stats? According to mine, less than 5% use 800x600. I think it's still good to keep things around that size for people who have big screens but don't want the browser to monopolize their screen real estate.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 06:50:41 pm »

I agree: those with 800x600 have issues (scrollbars) on most sites they visit, so they should be aware that they're on outdated equipment. Imo it's pretty safe to design with 1024x768 in mind.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 01:51:02 am »

I stand corrected (and more than once today I might add ;)). My main computer a 1400x1050 resolution laptop and I never surf with a full screen browser window. Here are some browser stats - http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp.

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 04:15:12 am »

I stand corrected (and more than once today I might add ;)). My main computer a 1400x1050 resolution laptop and I never surf with a full screen browser window. Here are some browser stats - http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp.

Hmmmm...so Gizmo...does this mean you will develop a higher screen resolution version of this WONDERFUL theme?  ;D

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
i-feel-dirty -- Different screen resolution
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 08:27:13 am »

Gizmo...I want to go ahead and expand this theme wider (as referred to above), for maybe 800x600. Is there an easy way or snippet of code to do this...or does it require a rewrite. I might want to do this with RedTrain too.

Thanks for a great theme.

Wally

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 03:19:42 pm »

OK, try this theme version. I've changed the width to 960px so it should fit nicely inside 1024px or wider monitors. You may have to adjust some of the configuration settings in the theme.php file to suit your needs. Let me know if this is more to your liking.

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 04:41:40 pm »

OK, try this theme version. I've changed the width to 960px so it should fit nicely inside 1024px or wider monitors. You may have to adjust some of the configuration settings in the theme.php file to suit your needs. Let me know if this is more to your liking.

Thanks Gizmo...I will try this over the weekend.

Wally

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 05:02:16 pm »

Beautiful...I like this much better. I have to do some revising on my links and some other stuff, but this is much nicer.

Can you do RedTrain too?

Wally

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »

Do not cross-post. This is an announcement thread for the theme "i-feel-dirty". You mustn't ask unrelated questions here.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 03:47:27 pm »

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 06:08:38 am »

Do not cross-post. This is an announcement thread for the theme "i-feel-dirty". You mustn't ask unrelated questions here.
Sorry GauGau...Musta had a dumb moment. Won't happen again.

Wally

publishpictures

• Coppermine newbie
    • Publish Pictures - A window to your world
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 04:49:03 pm »

HI,

How can i move the sidebar to the left?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.