Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme "DamselFly" for cpg1.4.x  (Read 10176 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Theme "DamselFly" for cpg1.4.x
« on: November 03, 2006, 01:48:21 pm »

Hi All,

Here's my new theme called DamselFly. This is a fixed width and position theme that has a static menu bar (it means it doesn't scroll with the rest of the page) and should be fully compatible with most of the major browsers (I tested FF, IE and Safari at various monitor resolutions) . The width will accomodate monitor sizes from 800x600 on up.

I've overwritten some of the configuration settings by using variables in the theme.php file. The reason for this is to prevent the standard settings in the Configuration tables set by you from "breaking" the theme. These changes are:

$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 3; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 3"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".

This theme has the first level of album thumbnails turned off to make large galleries look move attractive. This will prevent the main page from being cluttered with thumbnails and easier to chose a particular category. Also, this theme is geared towards intermediate photos sizes of 400 pixels or less but the theme will reduce the size automatically for intermediate images larger than this. The popup size can be any size though. The color scheme should be fairly easy to change but if you want to change the position or dimensions, this might be a bit daunting and will require you that you fully test the edited theme in as many browsers as possible and certainly with Internet Explorer >:(.

The layout and code was adapted from Stu Nicholls "position:fixed; (fixed) Position fixed for Internet Explorer" layout. I offer him my many thanks for his hard work and generous support for all to learn and use his work. You can visit his site at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/

Enjoy and more themes are in the works including a few more WordPress themes.

Cheers,

Gizmo

[UPDATE - Nov. 05, 2006] Due to the CPG-Nuke project called "DragonFly", I choose to change the name of this theme to "DamselFly". The attached files reflect these changes and my apologies for any confusion.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 03:30:42 pm by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Theme "DragonFly" for cpg1.4.x
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:33:19 am »

Demo - Download

Side-notes:
  • Menu doesn't interact properly with the custom header (see demo and attached screenshot) [Edit GauGau]Issue solved, see postings below[/Edit]
  • Most people won't be aware of this: "Dragonfly" is the name as well of the nuke-clone with coppermine integration that was created as a fork some time ago. Gizmo's theme is not related to the nuke-clone, it just has the same name as a matter of coincidence [Edit GauGau]Issue solved, see postings below[/Edit]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 09:04:44 pm by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: Theme "DragonFly" for cpg1.4.x
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 01:39:24 pm »

Sorry about the name duplication. My daughter helped me chose the name and I didn't remember about the Nuke project. I'll change the name and fix the theme and repost it here and while I'm at it, I'll lower the menu sidebar (that's very easy to do in the style.css under the #menu selector). Best not to have the same name as a CPG project and cause confusion.

[EDIT] New theme attached to original post.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 02:01:08 pm by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Theme "DamselFly" for cpg1.4.x
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 09:06:37 pm »

Gizmo,

you're lightning-fast, as usual :). Thanks for reviewing those two issues. I changed the demo and download accordingly and edited my previous posting.

gearmeister

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:02:53 am »

Very nice. Of course it will work with the stramm mod?

:)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:48:15 am »

I don't see why not but you'll have to use the theme upgrade steps in this thread to get it there. I have it on my list to download and install his modpack so that I can work some themes to work with it.

Modpack theme upgrade:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34905.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.