Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin can't edit album  (Read 2731 times)

DeeJay

• Coppermine newbie
Admin can't edit album
« on: February 14, 2004, 06:36:18 pm »

I did made a custom group called "family". Then i did add a few albums visible just for this group. Then my admin acount couldent access those albums any more. This is the admin acout that i cant modify so i thought this account would have the rights to see and edit all.
So i did make another user. And I did make this user member of both administrators and family groups. If the dropdown menu is administrator and the administrator+family+registered is checked it dident work. But if the Family was enabled in the dropdown menu and the same administrator+family+registered is checked it did work.

-What is the difference on that user edit group dropdown vs checklist system?

-How can I edit the album that is set to view only by family group as my admin account cant see it and the family users only can watch it???

Thanks, Tor

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Admin can't edit album
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 06:51:46 pm »

This is a known issue, and has a fix posted and in the next version.

A quick workaround is to set in config, 'show private album icon to unlogged users' to YES.

Then visitors who are not in the family group will see the icon only, but admin (you) will be able to go to the album and see/edit the pics.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

DeeJay

• Coppermine newbie
Admin can't edit album
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 06:54:55 pm »

Ah, it did work great. Thanks for the quick reply :)

Tor

zaunseder

• Coppermine newbie
Admin can't edit album
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 04:22:13 pm »

Quote from: "casper"
This is a known issue, and has a fix posted and in the next version.

A quick workaround is to set in config, 'show private album icon to unlogged users' to YES.

Then visitors who are not in the family group will see the icon only, but admin (you) will be able to go to the album and see/edit the pics.

Is it really fixed? I installed the 1.2.1 RC2 and still have problems do access albums as admin which have been set to "registered users only".

The workaround still works.

CU,
Bernhard :roll: [/quote]

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Admin can't edit album
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 04:41:36 pm »

No, it is not fixed in the downloaded version. There is a fix available, posted on this board, which you can do if you can't wait for the next release.

For the fix, see malc's post in this thread, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=758&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=show+private+icon+admin&start=15
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.