Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stupid newbie question - integrating gallery into website?  (Read 2860 times)

kihaku

• Coppermine newbie
stupid newbie question - integrating gallery into website?
« on: October 31, 2006, 06:21:42 am »

i've seen coppermine used as part of shop website ie the ones that have a shops, forum and gallery...

i'd love any advise on how that works - what do i need to buy/learn/pay for?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 07:58:19 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

kihaku

• Coppermine newbie
Re: stupid newbie question - integrating gallery into website?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 04:49:42 pm »

ah ok. i didnt explain myself clearly :(

i dont want to sell the pictures... I will be selling a kit (the ecommerce bit) so i need a forum for the people to chat in and then a gallery for them to upload what they did with the kit...

i have seen other companies do this where there is a front welcome page and then link to forum/gallery/shop etc but they all are within the same website.

thats the bit i dont understand - i can get all the bits to work seperatley ie i run forums, gallery i can suss too and ecommerce i can do but i cant figure out how to merge them all into one website - i am not the most technically or programmer type person so an idiots guide would be greatly appreciated...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 05:29:38 pm »

You need to perform two steps:
  • Visual integration (create a coppermine theme that matches your overall site's layout)
  • Logical integration: we call this "bridging" - you share the user management between Coppermine and the app you bridge with

Both steps are being covered in detail both in the documentation that comes with coppermine as well as thousands of postings on this board - don't expect to be spoon-fed; please read at least the documentation first.

kihaku

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 05:35:09 pm »

thanks - now i know what to search for and what i am looking for. not expecting to be spoonfed but up to now i wasnt sure what the terminology i should be looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.