Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can i link to a slideshow of a gallery search?  (Read 4367 times)

sixleggedinsect

• Coppermine newbie
can i link to a slideshow of a gallery search?
« on: October 30, 2006, 10:16:31 pm »

confusing subject, i know.

right now, if i want to see a slideshow of all the photos in my gallery with the keyword "insect", i need to click on 'search', click and unclick the appropriate boxes, click search, click on a thumbnail, and click on the slideshow button.

basically, i want to be able to have a clickable link (a href="//etc etc) that does all this from any page, external to coppermine.

anyone with heftier HTML/PHP skills care to help me out, or point me in the right direction?

OR: if that is not possible, is there any way to make a virtual album? ie: i could put photos from existing albums in this album (without removing them from their original albums) and link to a slideshow of the new virtual album.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:22:46 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: can i link to a slideshow of a gallery search?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 10:17:44 pm »

You can do the second thing with album keywords.

sixleggedinsect

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:43:38 pm »

thanks for replying, but how?

originally, i had tried to do just that. i made a new file-info field "slideshow_type" and labeled a number of the photos "people". but to get a slideshow of that virtual 'people' folder, i need to click 'search', enter the parameters, click on a thumbnail, and then click on slideshow.

the URL posted is not permanent. ie: i cannot put it on another webpage and know that it will show the relevant slideshow of the virtual 'people' folder.

an example of the URL:

http://electricant.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pid=410&slideshow=5000

is there any way to add code to this URL so that it works the way i want?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:47:36 pm »

From the manual:

In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file. The keyword function reads blank spaces between words as a 'break' and assumes that these words are separate words. If you must use phrases for your keywords, connect them with an underscore or by using the ascii space holder ctrl+Alt+0160 (NOTE: the latter option only works with latin based character sets.) Each album can only have ONE (1) keyword or keyword phrase. All pictures residing in different albums that you would like to be displayed in this album must have the same keyword or keyword phrase in their respective keyword fields. Pictures, unlike albums can have multiple keywords or keyword phrases separated by spaces. This provides you with the option to display pictures in many albums. For the visitor of these albums, it will appear as if the file/image had been uploaded to each.

sixleggedinsect

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 10:13:06 pm »

you guys are worth your weight in gold.

one day ill pay up.

thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 07:59:54 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.