Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: moving gallery description and picture numbering to the right (fruity theme) ?  (Read 5329 times)

zeevikn

• Coppermine newbie

Hi.

I'm using the fruity theme, on CPG1.4.6.
When displaying a picture from an Album, it has above the picture two blocks:
1) Gallery name and path (root > cat1 > cat11 > gal)
2) Picture number and navigation buttons

I want to move these two blocks to the right side on the picture.
How do I do that ?

in the FAQ documentation there is a section for that,
"How can I create a menu that's shown on the right side of the gallery?"
(under /cpg146/docs/faq.htm#rightHandMenu)
which instructs to change the theme.php, but the theme.php is not even close to what written in the FAQ doc.

your help will be appreciated,
Zeevik

Nibbler

I don't understand what you are asking for, screenshots would help. You should update your gallery - latest stable is 1.4.9

zeevikn

• Coppermine newbie

Attached two screenshots.
gal-before is the current view.
gal-after is what I want to do, not exactly, as it was edited as an image, but the general idea is to move the gallery name and navigation buttons to the left or right side of the image, taking the image up.

Thanks,
Zeevik.

zeevikn

• Coppermine newbie

ideas any one ??

thanks,
Zeevik.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos

It's a lot of code change and would require testing and changing code until it works correctly so doubtful anyone will spend the time coming up with a solution as it isn't something that looks too useful (except maybe you :)). I will point you in the right direction and if you so desire, you can take on the challenge. The mostly like code changes will involve these items which can be found in the sample>theme.php file. Copy these to your theme.php file and edit them to get your desired results. A good place to start would be to check out the classic_filmstrip_vert theme as it has the film strip located on the left.

1. HTML template for intermediate image display
2. function theme_display_image($nav_menu, $picture, $votes, $pic_info, $comments, $film_strip)
3. HTML template for the image navigation bar
4. function theme_html_img_nav_menu()

Good luck and let us know if you succeed.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

zeevikn

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks very much.

I'm not looking for someone to do the job for me.
I'm looking for some information which parts to change ?

What is the code section which generates the HTML for these sections ?
(the Gallery name and path, the picture number and navigation buttons and the image itself).

I know my way in HTML, and once I'll find what generates the HTML codes, I could trick it my way.
but, I lost my self trying to follow the coppermine gallery code  :-[ :-[

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos

Before we get into a long discussion, let me suggest this as it's how I learned my way around Coppermine. Take a look at the above 4 pieces of code (maybe print them out) and then look at the intermediate page code generated by your browser. The code pieces above labeled HTML is what generates the HTML code and the functions are what generates the code for the {TAGS}. One thing I know you will ask is
"where are all these "<!-- Start standard table -->
<table align="center" width="$width" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">" coming from?"
Check out the Function to start a 'standard' table and Function to end a 'standard' table. Piece it all together and you can generate a powerful photo album. True, Coppermine code can be a bit daunting at times but it's the price you pay for power and versatility.

Jump in, splash around and get dirty. :D

Cheers,

Gizmo

PS. CAUTION: Make backups of your files BEFORE you edit them and DO NOT OVERWRITE the files in the sample theme. Copy and paste them into a new doc.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

zeevikn

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the directions, I will start with that, and if needed, come with detailed questions

PS. CAUTION: Make backups of your files BEFORE you edit them and DO NOT OVERWRITE the files in the sample theme. Copy and paste them into a new doc.

First thing I did  ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.