Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving and exporting photo gallery  (Read 3628 times)

dianamonnerat

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.entrelinhas.org//photolog
Moving and exporting photo gallery
« on: February 13, 2004, 05:11:00 pm »

Hi!

I might be movinh hosts very soon, and I would like to know if it's possible to export my gallery to the new address without loosing it. I know I will have to upload all the pictures all over again to the new space, but I didn't want to have to create all the albums and "uploading" the pictures to each album all over again. I have almost 3000 pictures in my gallery. Does anyone know if is possible to export all the contennt of the agllery and how to do it?

Thanks,
Diana
www.imprensajovem.com/diana/photolog

Nibbler

Moving and exporting photo gallery
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 06:07:58 pm »

You will need to do 2 things,

1) Download all the gallery files from the server to your comp keeping the exact same directory structure and all the files as they are.

2) Make a dump of your database using phpmyadmin and store it on your comp. (ensure you dump both structure and data).

On your new host:

1) Upload all the files you downloaded exactly as they were before.

2) Restore your tables in the new database.

Finally change the little things like db name/pass and path to IM (if you use it) and change the more-important-than-it-looks address to more pics in e-cards in config.

If you do it right there will be no need to do re-add all your pics to coppermine manually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.