Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album name in search results & text under video  (Read 3029 times)

TapeWurm

• Coppermine newbie
Album name in search results & text under video
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:37:40 pm »

Hopefully this is 2 easy questions.
My main queston is, is there a way to display the album name under thumbnails in the search results? I REALLY need this since I have several files with similar names. This would really help my members tons.

Second, Which file do I edit to place the words "Please wait while file loads" directly underneath the video window?
I have an average of a 10-12 second cache time and some people think the file's not working.

Thanks in advance!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album name in search results & text under video
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:19:07 pm »

Hopefully this is 2 easy questions.
We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up. Read up the board rules.

My main queston is, is there a way to display the album name under thumbnails in the search results? I REALLY need this since I have several files with similar names.
Similar question by another user: Show Album/Category in Search Results??

Which file do I edit to place the words "Please wait while file loads" directly underneath the video window?
Edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php

TapeWurm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:48:53 pm »

We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up. Read up the board rules.
Similar question by another user: Show Album/Category in Search Results??
Edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php
Sorry for the one question thing.
Secondly, I swear I've searched for hours and hours and never seen that thread.
Lastly, in seeing tons of your replies on this board, I don't understand why you always insist on being so vague and assume that everyone is a PHP coding master like yourself. I don't have the slightest idea of how to even insert a simple text line and then I have no idea of where to actually put it. Could you please broaden your explanation a bit, please?
I understand you get like a zillion questions thrown at you all the time, but if you took half of the time you give toward  non-descriptive answers and threw that toward further explaining a solution, I'm sure there would be a lot less redundant questions on this board.
Not trying to come off snotty, I appreciate your help, for what it was. It's just that, and I think you'll agree with me here, you're a jerk. :P But it's ok, you pride yourself on that and I can respect that. I'm an a-hole, myself :) Say it with pride!
You have no idea how I even dreaded posting a question on this board in fear that the great Gau-Gau would be involved with it's reply. I literally spent hours searching to avoid it. But, in the end, here we are....
Oh, the software rock btw :)~

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:08:39 pm »

My main queston is, is there a way to display the album name under thumbnails in the search results? I REALLY need this since I have several files with similar names. This would really help my members tons.
Such a hack doesn't exist as far as I remember, you'll have to code it yourself or hire someone to code it for you (unless someone else should volunteer and look into this for you).

TapeWurm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:14:06 pm »

Such a hack doesn't exist as far as I remember, you'll have to code it yourself or hire someone to code it for you (unless someone else should volunteer and look into this for you).
Thanks for responding. The time you and the crew put into this is very appreciated :D
Oh to have the php abilities that you guys have. I'll keep waiting and begging in the meantime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.