Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-start off  (Read 4643 times)

Bruce

Auto-start off
« on: October 26, 2006, 11:52:23 pm »

Okay, another issue.

In config, I have selected OFF to the radio button "Video auto-start", yet everytime I )or anyone else) clicks on a video file (or music file) .. it opens and starts playing. This makes editing file descriptions or placing comments a real pain, among other things.

Is there anything in the code I can edit to stop this?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:35:47 am by Stramm »

Nibbler

Re: Auto-start off
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:42:40 am »

Post a link to a video that shows this behaviour. All the option does is set a parameter in the html, it is up to the browser to respect it.

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:33:12 am »

Post a link to a video that shows this behaviour. All the option does is set a parameter in the html, it is up to the browser to respect it.

Okay, was not aware of that!
Link to gallery... http://sunrisersalumni.org/gallery/index.php

You can select either of the two video files. Guests may view entire gallery. My default browser is Firefox 1.5. I have not tried IE6 or Opera.

Appreciate any help with this.

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 03:37:43 am »

I understand why the "modify" button is not here, but I wish it was:)

Anyway, I just tried this in Opera and it is the same in that browser. Same thing with any of the Sound files. Perplexing:(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 06:44:39 am »

[ot]
I understand why the "modify" button is not here, but I wish it was:)
Because there have been users in the past who edited out their postings after their issue was solved. That's why we removed the option to edit your own postings for regular users. Doing as you did is fine: reply to your posting with your corrections or additions.
[/ot]

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 01:43:34 pm »

The autostart option is off in the html, and the videos do not auto start for me.

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 03:21:26 pm »

The autostart option is off in the html, and the videos do not auto start for me.

Gak ....  In that case, can I borrow your sig line?  Don't understand this at all! 2 browsers - same thing - and neither have options sets for auto-start. In other applications where vids or music are included, auto-start does not kick in.

Well ... guess more digging is in order.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 06:21:30 pm »

My default is firefox too, here the autostart false option has no effect. For IE6 it's working as expected

Bruce

Re: Auto-start off [SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 04:18:21 am »

GauGau/Nibbler ... please mark this thread as SOLVED. After going nuts a few hours, I discovered a plug-in I didn't realize I had installed in Firefox called "MediaPlayer Connectivity" that set all video and sound files to "autostart=true". I disabled that and it works as it's supposed to now.

Sweet mysteries of life:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.