Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *** Couldn't log in. Try again *** (username & password are correct)  (Read 10752 times)

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie

Hello everyone. First of all, I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this has been a common problem that I might've missed in a search, and/or if this isn't the right section. With that out of the way, here's my problem:

I have a gallery that I'm trying to figure out a problem that I am guessing is caused by a domain change.

I've not had any problems with handling the side effects with my other sites except for my Coppermine photo gallery here: www.corolla92.com/dump/ryan/gallery

My problem is with logging in. I get the error message: *** Couldn't log in. Try again *** when I know my name and password are correct.

I do know what I was doing at the time this happened, all though on the other hand I am also guessing there's a database and/or config file that needs edited some where that I'm not aware of or know where to find.

What I did was, as an admin to my own gallery, I went into (what I think were) the config settings (or might've been admin tools) and made changes to what I believe was a setting related to and called "location" which had what I originally believed to be an incorrect entry. The URL it used was http://dump.corolla92.com/ryan/gallery but I had changed it to http://www.corolla92.com/dump/ryan/gallery because I thought that was obviously the correct URL since that's what it's address truly is. After that, I begun getting the problem with logging in. The old URL used to be http://dump.ben-tm.be/ryan/gallery

I have also asked my hosts for help regarding this, but one's not sure he will be able to resolve it, so I'm asking for your help thinking that I could "over power" (for lack of a better term) a database or configuration some where related to my gallery and fix whatever isn't set properly and allow me to be able to log in and out and back in as necessary and normal in the future. Once again I remind you that I am sure my name and password are correct. I'd rather not have to start the gallery over again, but it wouldn't too much of an inconvenience because I do have backups of the photos and even the current default theme.

If you'd need more information, just ask, and I'll mention whatever else is necessary to be known. If you don't get a reply for a while, it'll be because I'll have to ask my hosts and they're in a different timezone than I am.

Regards,
Ryan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:59:52 pm by Sami »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: *** Couldn't log in. Try again *** (username & password are correct)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:52:45 pm »

Try clearing your cookies. Make sure that there's no pseduo-security app like "Norton Internet Security" interfering. Try requesting a new password using the "I forgot my password" link on the login page. If this doesn't help, here are some threads to check:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34550.0
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=35289.0

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:20:01 am »

I'll take a look at those topics and see if it relates to me or not.

I know it's not any security applications, and probably not cookies (I looked for any that would be related to the gallery and manually deleted them from Mozilla).

Now, considering a thing like domain changes, what configuration files / database changes would be necessary, if any? What would be changed and where, and how would I get ot them? I can have my hosts take a look.

Basically, what could be other causes to this if I am certain my name and password are right?

Thanks for helping so far.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:28:32 am »

If you are sure that your Username an password are okey then the omly guess would be Cookie issue ,
- Gallery will crete 2 different cookie file make sure to delete them both for both domain
- Post a test (non-admin) account if you can
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 01:02:43 am »

If you are sure that your Username an password are okey then the omly guess would be Cookie issue ,
- Gallery will crete 2 different cookie file make sure to delete them both for both domain
- Post a test (non-admin) account if you can
If I knew what exact cookies to look for and where related to the gallery, I'll try that. I know my browser can list all cookies and gives me information, but I'm not sure exactly about the gallery ones.

I can't even share any other accounts. I have no access any more since I can't login into my own account.

I'm really in a bad situation here. I don't know what to do. I'm still awaiting responses from my hosts. There has to be something that could be "hacked" some where else on another level that could let me check that settings and configurations are right.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 07:59:50 am »

- You can simply delete all cookie since you don't know which one is for gallery
- check this :
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33629.0
you can create a test account with attachment , but make sureto delete it after account creation.

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 10:41:25 am »

- You can simply delete all cookie since you don't know which one is for gallery
- check this :
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33629.0
you can create a test account with attachment , but make sureto delete it after account creation.
I have too many other logins and other website settings that I doubt I could remember and redo if I deleted all of my cookies.

Before I download and upload that files, please tell me more about it. What do I do with it, and what does it do?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 12:34:10 pm »

- Copy it to gallery's root (unpack support.zip and copy support.php )
- Run it by browser it will create test account (username:testuser,password:test)
- Delete it

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 09:27:15 pm »

- Copy it to gallery's root (unpack support.zip and copy support.php )
- Run it by browser it will create test account (username:testuser,password:test)
- Delete it
Okay, thank you. And then what will I/we do with this test account?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 05:50:39 am »

try to login with test account , if it's workingthen it means login system is okey ...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 10:50:14 pm »

[ot]
Quote from: Trunten
Where's the avatar setting?
Not available for you - only privileged users are allowed to store avatars here, for performance reasons.
[/ot]

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 03:57:36 am »

try to login with test account , if it's workingthen it means login system is okey ...
Okay, thanks for the explanation. I'm still thinking it's not the login system though, perhaps I damn near broke down the whole thing because of the configuration setting I changed. That's why I was saying "maybe there's a config file or database setting some where that could be altered".
Not available for you - only privileged users are allowed to store avatars here, for performance reasons.
I thought so. I just put that there to have something entered. I knew it was probably a forum setting, but I didn't know because I'm new to an "SMF" type of message board. I'm mostly experienced with phpBB and IPB.

I've had a busy weekend, and now that it's a new week I'm starting my college classes up again. I'll be in touch. Thanks for continuing to help me. I appreciate it. I'll let you know how the login test goes and then we'll continue the troubleshooting afterwards.

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 05:57:48 pm »

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with college and my job.

I have good news. I can log in now. Turns out that I was trying to log in at an incorrect location. The proper address really was http://dump.corolla92.com/ryan/gallery and logging into that one works. I guess I was confused after the domain change.

Once again, thanks for trying to help me. I will definitely come back in the future whenever I need help again.

Keep up the good work!

;)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 06:03:09 pm »

Thank you for resolving your thread

Trunten

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 06:07:32 pm »

Thank you for resolving your thread
Thank you for offering help. It's good seeing developers friendly like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.