Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Password  (Read 3467 times)

TRU

• Coppermine newbie
Lost Password
« on: October 26, 2006, 01:02:05 am »

I've been offline for a few months and just started coming back on. I seem to have forgotten my password to login, and i wasn't able to setup the email thing for it to send me the right password, so that doesn't help.

I tried different passwords that i always use and i get banned from my own site lol. is there a way i can override this and manually setup a new password so i can get into my site?

THANKX
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:52:19 am by Sami »

Nibbler

Re: Lost Password
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 01:24:54 am »

Yes, please search the board before posting - this happens to many people. You can clear the bans table and set yourself a new password using phpmyadmin.

TRU

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:40:54 am »

Yes, please search the board before posting - this happens to many people. You can clear the bans table and set yourself a new password using phpmyadmin.

ok im the pypmyadmin page, and i clicked on the user table with the passwords, and mines showin some letters and numbers as the password, i tried clearing it and typed in a new password and saved it but its still sayin cant log in. it shows this as my password: 03f6fc246ed14b321f5bc0848e03f0de

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:44:57 am »

The table doesn't store your actual password, but a MD5-hash of your password. Use phpMyAdmin's MD5-functionality to enter your password. As suggested, search the board for details, this has been explained in detail many times already - supporters are reluctant to explain the same thing over and over again.

TRU

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:50:48 am »

it worked.

Sorry for the trouble, i guess i didnt type in the correct info when i searched.

Thankx for the help  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.