Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selecting images by keyword or other criteria?  (Read 5638 times)

slausen

• Coppermine regular visitor
Selecting images by keyword or other criteria?
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:51:58 am »

Hi-

I have read the doc on cpmfetch - (it really looks fantastic!), and also done some searches, but I didn't see any info about this specific request.

I would like to use cpmfetch to pull images/data out of the CPG database using "keyword" as the search criteria. It looks like this is not explicitly supported, but before I dig into the code I was wondering if there was maybe something I am missing. In particular, is this something that can be done with cpmfetch out of the box and I have just missed it?

If not, and customizations are required, is the most direct way to just copy an existing function into a new function, tweak the SQL and save it as a new function into cfmfetch_dao.php or is there a better way?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 12:55:25 am by GauGau »

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: Selecting images by keyword or other criteria?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:21:21 am »

Hi-

I have read the doc on cpmfetch - (it really looks fantastic!), and also done some searches, but I didn't see any info about this specific request.

I would like to use cpmfetch to pull images/data out of the CPG database using "keyword" as the search criteria. It looks like this is not explicitly supported, but before I dig into the code I was wondering if there was maybe something I am missing. In particular, is this something that can be done with cpmfetch out of the box and I have just missed it?

If not, and customizations are required, is the most direct way to just copy an existing function into a new function, tweak the SQL and save it as a new function into cfmfetch_dao.php or is there a better way?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

If you search the archives, somewhere someone had posted a hack to do this... I think it may only search on one keyword, but it did something like that.

Your best bet is to get the newest dev release, and do as you say above.  The way I handle building SQL queries changes dramatically.

I've been meaning to do this myself, but have not had time to finish the bridging.

If you are going to tackle it, and would be willing to submit the code back to the project, PM me and I will share my thoughts on how it needs to be done.

Later

Vuud

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

slausen

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 06:50:08 pm »

If you search the archives, somewhere someone had posted a hack to do this... I think it may only search on one keyword, but it did something like that.

Your best bet is to get the newest dev release, and do as you say above.  The way I handle building SQL queries changes dramatically.

I've been meaning to do this myself, but have not had time to finish the bridging.

If you are going to tackle it, and would be willing to submit the code back to the project, PM me and I will share my thoughts on how it needs to be done.

Later

Vuud

Hi vuud-

Thanks for the info - I will check out the latest rev of cpmfetch. Right now it is looking like this will end up being a custom project, since this client also has some other needs, but maybe the new rev will swing it the other way :)

Does the latest release of cpmfetch have any dependencies (like a particular version of CPG required?) or will it work with any CPG1.4.x?

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 08:56:44 pm »

Hi vuud-

Thanks for the info - I will check out the latest rev of cpmfetch. Right now it is looking like this will end up being a custom project, since this client also has some other needs, but maybe the new rev will swing it the other way :)

Does the latest release of cpmfetch have any dependencies (like a particular version of CPG required?) or will it work with any CPG1.4.x?

use the rev from last night - the SQL changed a bit in there... I think.

Anyway, no - I am not tied to CPG much at all...  There is a setting change if you are using a 1.3.x series, but 1.4.x works fine.

You just want to search a keyword field? 

What are the other needs?  CPG related?  I am doing a bit of feature exapansion myself for a client, so maybe that will help...

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

slausen

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 08:23:44 pm »

use the rev from last night - the SQL changed a bit in there... I think.

Anyway, no - I am not tied to CPG much at all...  There is a setting change if you are using a 1.3.x series, but 1.4.x works fine.

You just want to search a keyword field? 

What are the other needs?  CPG related?  I am doing a bit of feature exapansion myself for a client, so maybe that will help...

Hi vuud-

I just wanted to let you know that the client decided on a custom solution. Although CPMFetch is cool, their needs are a bit broader than what CPMFetch offers. A couple of the keys were that they wanted something that could run in a distributed fashion (on a box separate from CPG) and could display images independent of CPG (retrieving actual images as well as meta data for inclusion in a Marketing CMS with transparent background authentication, instead of linking back to images in CPG).

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 12:30:34 am »

Hi vuud-

I just wanted to let you know that the client decided on a custom solution. Although CPMFetch is cool, their needs are a bit broader than what CPMFetch offers. A couple of the keys were that they wanted something that could run in a distributed fashion (on a box separate from CPG) and could display images independent of CPG (retrieving actual images as well as meta data for inclusion in a Marketing CMS with transparent background authentication, instead of linking back to images in CPG).

Yeah, the retrieving image data, while possible through some expansion, is not included.  The retrieval from a different server is currently possible, but yeah, it would link to the images on that server.

Ah well - I can live without it being part of a (yeeech) Marketing anything...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.