Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Template File  (Read 8313 times)

uk_martin

• Coppermine frequent poster
Problem with Template File
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:26:49 am »

Hi

I am trying to create a new theme based on the "Fruity" theme, which I used as my start point. My theme is called "Brummies" It can be seen here - http://www.ukmartin.com/gallery/index.php  The eventual intention is to have a layout which will be cosmetically similar to my "Shop" project here - http://www.ukmartin.com/shop

I am making progress as I type but one thing I have noticed is that although the theme layout looks OK in the HOME page, when you drill down to, e.g. the CATS gallery, the table loses its 100% width.

In basing my theme on fruity, I did take out all "unnecessary" formatting (e.g. tables on the left hand column that were just supporting graphics) and I cannot remember doing anything that would alter the bulk of the page, and certainly I don't know of what could be causing a shrinkage of the gallery tabel or its "right allignment".

I'd be grateful for the advice of someone who knows more than me on how to rectify this situation

uk_martin

Re: Problem with Template File
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:35:14 am »

By the way, I've just noticed, the problem that I describe only seems to happen in Admin Mode. User Mode seems to behave itself, so casual viewers may not see what it is that I am referring to, but I think that experienced theme designers will have seen this before (I hope) and will know the cure)

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Martin

p.s. where is the EDIT button on this message board? lol

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:29:29 pm »

If you want us to actaully see what the issues are in the gallery, you will need to post a test login account or at the very least some screenshots pointing out the issues. This theme doesn't look anything like the "fruity" theme so maybe you made more changes because the menus are located differently as well as a few other things I can spot.

I like your theme, it certainly has some appeal but for use in a forum, I'm not so sure. The bright colors with red text on a yellow background is a bit hard to read. However, I do like how you switched from a single left-had menu bar to a double left & right bar when looking at intermediate photos. That's cool.

PS. To edit your post, use the "modify" button.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

uk_martin

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:59:35 pm »

Hi Gizmo

Thanks for the reply. I've PM'd you the login info.

The colour scheme will be for a Supporters Club web site for the fans of a Speedway Team whose colours are Red & Yellow, so it's done for a purpose. Yes it's bright, but not every team has sedate colours I'm afraid.

I started off with Fruity as it has a button box on the side, which is what I wanted as it fits in with the themes of the  phpBB and osCommerce facilities that I am creating at the same time.

It's not yet finished. I have some minor tweaks to make to the php pages to attach new css classes as there are one or two cases where I have red and need yellow and vice versa, but it's about 95% of the way there now.

Thanks for your kind comments and I look forward to your further reply.

Martin

PS I have a row of    "Home  |  Help  |  Search  |  Profile  |  My Messages  |  Logout"   buttons and another one with   "Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print"   buttons - I must be going blind  :-[ -  can't see "modify anywhere ::) In the message area, I have a Quote button, and normally I would expect to see the Edit / Modify button next to it, but alas, no such luck. Oh well...

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 03:48:03 pm »

In the future, don't PM a Dev unless specifically asked to.

There are a couple of things that can be causing this but the table is doing exactly as you have it set up to do. You have it set to 100% width which means it will expand to hold any images that are larger than the standard width of the table. Here are some things to consider:
  • Did you decide after uploading the first images (in this case maybe the tiger) to change the intermediate size in the Configuration? If so, read the manual and text at the bottom of Configuration => Files and thumbnails settings.
  • Reduce the number of items in the film strip. You have it set to 5 so try 3 or 4.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 03:59:58 pm »

I also see that the two links above point to 2 different galleries?? The gallery that is strictly Coppermine runs as it should and the other is running PHP-Nuke which we don't support and this is the one you're having issues with. Again, we don't support PHP-Nuke.

uk_martin

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 04:42:17 pm »

other is running PHP-Nuke which we don't support and this is the one you're having issues with. Again, we don't support PHP-Nuke.
Do you mean the ".../shop" link? It looks like PHP Nuke, but it is in fact osCommerce - a full blown e-ccommerce script, that I styled to look like PHP Nuke - glad the effect worked ;D I only put that link there to show what the end product of the Coppermine theme should be blending in with.
Did you decide after uploading the first images (in this case maybe the tiger) to change the intermediate size in the Configuration? If so, read the manual and text at the bottom of Configuration => Files and thumbnails settings..
No - it's as it came "out of the box".
Reduce the number of items in the film strip. You have it set to 5 so try 3 or 4..
Ok will give it a try.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 12:06:47 am »

p.s. where is the EDIT button on this message board? lol
&
PS. To edit your post, use the "modify" button.
We removed the ability for regular users because there were too many morons who edited out their initial question after their issue had been solved, rendering their thread useless. Please don't take this personal, I'm not talking about you.
Just keep on replying to your thread to correct things or add information.

If you want us to actaully see what the issues are in the gallery, you will need to post a test login account
I've PM'd you the login info.
In the future, don't PM a Dev unless specifically asked to.
Gizmo asked you to post a link, not to PM it. If you would have posted as suggested, others might have helped as well.

uk_martin

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:43:38 pm »

Thanks ofr the tips. You can now see the Admin side of things by logging in as

u/n = helper
p/w = helper

You will see that some of the table cells become "right aligned" for some reason, which I can't fathom out.

Anyway, there seems to be a problem with video playback, so I am off to post another message...

I look forward to hearing what can be done to sort out the alignment problem

Thanks in advance

Martin

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 12:54:47 pm »

never post admin accounts on a public board. This can be used to take over your server. I've changed the password you posted to avoid problems.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 01:58:15 pm »

I couldn't login using the above credentials.

To fix the displayimage issue, login and change: Config=>Image view=>Width of the table for file display (pixels or %)=100%. You have it set to 600px.

May I suggest that you go through each Configuration section and read through them. Ask yourself, "what if I change this" and then look at what the changes do to your gallery. I think you will be able to fix most of your issues this way and learn how Coppermine works in the process.

uk_martin

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 03:50:17 pm »

never post admin accounts on a public board. This can be used to take over your server. I've changed the password you posted to avoid problems.

That was my connundrum...it is the admin pages that are causing trouble with the template, so someone had to be in the admin pages to see the problem.

At the end of the day, the gallery is only a prototype / development vehicle, so if I have to scrap it and start again, that's no big deal to me, but thanks for the advice anyway. On a "working" gallery, I wouldn't divulge passwords under any circumstances.

Martin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 07:27:55 am »

The admin account could be used by a malevolent attacker to leave a backdoor on the server and use it later once your site goes into production stage. As suggested above: never, under no circumstances should you post an admin account on a public board as it is what the name suggests: it gives you full admin control.

uk_martin

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 02:23:15 am »

To fix the displayimage issue, login and change: Config=>Image view=>Width of the table for file display (pixels or %)=100%. You have it set to 600px.

May I suggest that you go through each Configuration section and read through them. Ask yourself, "what if I change this" and then look at what the changes do to your gallery. I think you will be able to fix most of your issues this way and learn how Coppermine works in the process.
There isn't a problem with the tables in "user pages". It is only in the Admin area where things go haywire, and this advice has not cured it, unfortunately.  :'(

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 03:08:19 am »

I used the login credentials you PM'd me with and was able to see some issues but I think they're theme related. If you will zip up your complete theme and attach it here, we'll take a look and try to pinpoint the problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 15 queries.