Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not able to delete category.  (Read 4683 times)

BrH

• Coppermine newbie
Not able to delete category.
« on: October 18, 2006, 11:48:03 pm »

I have just installed the gallery v.1.4.9. and done some changes, but only with colors and the logo. Now I'm playing around trying to set the album up as I like it, and runs into a problem:
After setting up a few categories I wanted to delete them, but I category simply will not dissepear?!? No delete.button, and it's not possible to mark/delete either.
I even tried to update the database......the category is still there. (Only showing when logged in and using the "category-tab" in admin modus.

Any idea how to fix this, please? 

Nibbler

Re: Not able to delete category.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:11 am »

If it's the user galleries category then you remove it by deleting all albums within it.

BrH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:40:21 am »

I don't know if it's what you call the user galleries category (I'm all new to Coppermine), I logged in as admin an made a few categories myself. Using the "category" tab in the menu.
There are no albums in the caregory at all, the problem is how to remove the last category.

Or.......must it be at least one category there? Not possible to delete all? Don't remember how it was after installing the gallery, maybe it's installed whith 1 category by default? 

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:41:33 am »

Post a link.

BrH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:46:14 am »

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:53:25 am »

I don't see any categories.

studeo

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:01:31 am »

I wanna be sedated also.

BrH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:02:49 am »

Well, neither do I...before I log in. Don't know if it's only in admin mode it can be seen (?), but there it is. I don't think it's a good idea to give out my username/passwor here in a open forum, anything else I can check in order to help you (helping me)?

BrH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 01:05:57 am »

I wanna be sedated also.
Sorry? Don't understand, my english is not very good. :-[

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 08:58:03 am »

Ignore studeo's comment, it's unrelated - just a pun made on Nibbler's signature.

Post a link to the catgory you are not able to delete (just copy and paste the content of the browser's address bar when you're inside that particular category) - this won't give away any security-related details (as visitors will get a "you're not allowed to access this page" message).

BrH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 02:19:05 pm »

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 04:06:26 pm »

Yes, that is the user galleries category. Empty it of albums and it will not be displayed.

BrH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 07:16:26 pm »

There are no album in the gallery at all. Unless the text showing "Biler fra LHM-kaffe" is a album and not a caregory? Well, it does'nt realy matter - I have not found any way to delete it what ever it is. And that is the problem........

Nothig comes up where/what ever I try in navigation or menus, exept when logged in and using the "Category" butten in admin modus. Then this *#¤!"x empty not-willing-to-be-deleted thing smiles at me. >:( ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.