Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Coppermine Gallery > 2 Domains  (Read 3764 times)

fulleffect

• Coppermine newbie
1 Coppermine Gallery > 2 Domains
« on: October 18, 2006, 04:05:30 pm »

Hi Guys!

I'll make this quick... I have.....

Domain 1 (www.ultimatebuzz.net) >> 1 Coppermine Gallery (Without Albums Folder) and the 1 Database.
Domain 2 (www.ubuzz.net) >> A duplicate Coppermine Gallery (With Album Folder) pointing to the database on Domain 1

Test Account on either domain
User: DazWilliams
Pass: test

(Briefly the reason i have all of the photos on a seperate domain is because of backup reasons. I use WHM to backup all of my accounts and my Coppermine Photo Gallery is a few GB's, so by putting all of the photos on a seperate domain, when i come to backup i choose not to backup Domain 2 (I dont need to backup the photos as i have them all stored on my PC anyway)

Anyway, in the admin config in either domain (because they both point to the 1 database), I have the 'album directory' listed as "http://www.ubuzz.net/photos/albums/" .....This means the photos display correctly...

However, when i need to uload photos using the batch method, having the above URL in does not work, so i have to change the 'album directory' back to "albums/" this works and just means users wont be able to see photos for 5/10mins whilst i am uploading, i then switch it back when its finished uploading... so i just upload photos out of hours to prevent downtime...

Now this is all well and good if only i am using the gallery to upload photos, however, all of my users do aswell. So now the users cant upload photos because of the 'Album Directory'.... if i changed it to "albums/" for them, it would work, but on a gallery of 100's of users this is unrealistic to keep changing it for each user....

Im hoping someone has an easier work around solution than i use or if they have any ideas i would be extremely grateful and could even award some financial gain if a good solution is found.

Thanks everyone!
Daz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 1 Coppermine Gallery > 2 Domains
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 04:27:13 pm »

You need to specify a path to the albums folder, not an URI. Preferably, use a relative path (the default "albums" is fine).
A script running on domain 1 can not write files to domain 2. If both domains are hosted on the same server, you can either mirror them using a symlink or setting up a cronjob that creates backups of the albums folder on domain 1 within the albums folder of domain 2.

fulleffect

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:14:58 pm »

Thanks for the reply GauGau, however both of your suggestions involve having copies of the photos on both domains, which is what im trying to avoid?

Yes both domains are on the same server, im sure there's a way around this... ok what if i offer money to someone for spending time and working with me on this?

Any reply grately appricated!
Daz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 05:28:46 pm »

I thought that having a copy of all pics was your goal. Maybe I misunderstood you then. If you don't want to have copies, then use the symlink method I suggested above - this way, files will exist only once.

AvrilBoi

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:27:25 pm »

I think that you can simply install coppermine on the first domain, and have the mysql database and the images hosted on the first domain.
Than you can connect the second domain to the first domain's mysql database, and simply put in the /albums/ folder a .htaccess which redirects to the first domain's /albums/ folder.
I hope it works...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 10:04:13 pm »

That's another option only on a server that is yours to configure fully, as you would have to grant write permissions for the script on domain A to access the webspace of domain B. It would result in a severe penalty in search engine ranking. Doing as I suggested is the best option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.