Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about a printing list on your Favorites Page  (Read 3653 times)

SPompeii

• Coppermine newbie
How about a printing list on your Favorites Page
« on: October 17, 2006, 07:36:43 am »

I was thinking about adding coupons to the board.
If you see a coupon you like you would just add it to your favorites.

Then when your done you go to your favorites page to view your coupons and would be cool if you could check to print one, some or all of your favorite coupons.

All of the coupon scripts I have checked out really suck and I have been using Coppermine for a while and thought this would be a really great Coupon Script. You would just have to edit a few words and look for a print coupon favorites... LOL

Yes, that would be a cool feature for an upcoming version..  ;D

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: How about a printing list on your Favorites Page
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:21:16 am »

This is probably browser-dependent, unless browsers have print standards I don't know (which is entirely possible).

I guess the simplest thing I could imagine is to have a link which brings up a page where each image is displayed at full-resolution one-after-another on the same page.  If you assume a certain number of pixels per portrait page, maybe you could have the generated page space out the images such that an image doesn't fall on a page boundary when printing.

Feel free to clarify your feature request with more details, but remember that this is not a support thread.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How about a printing list on your Favorites Page
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 08:40:09 am »

If you need best printing features, use PDF files. Printing from the bowser sucks, as the www hasn't been built with printing in mind (at least I don't think that Tim Berners-Lee considered printing to be a good idea).
Not a valid feature request imo - Coppermine is a web photo gallery, so our focus for development is exactly this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.