Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K2 - Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.0 + Widgets  (Read 14166 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
K2 - Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.0 + Widgets
« on: October 17, 2006, 02:52:59 am »

Hi All,

Here's the K2 theme ported from WordPress that's been requested. The WP creator is http://getk2.com/ (check out the Tron dude!). I have to say that this was one of the most difficult ports I've done so far but it looks like it should be the easiest. I think this may be due to WP themes that use widgets, are a bit more involved but I think it's good to go. Check the readme file for information if you wish to edit this theme as several configurations are managed through the [CONFIG] variables (Thanks Nibbler for the tutoring on this!).

I've checked this theme on FF v1.5x and IE v6.0x with screen resolutions of 1400x1050 & 1024x768 on PCs and with Safari on my new MacBook (yea! :D) and found no visual issues. If you do, please post here.

Enjoy!

Gizmo

[EDIT] I've attached the "correct" readme file below. The one in the theme folder is incorrect.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:15:49 pm by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: K2 - Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 2.0 + Widgets
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:09:44 am »

The readme file that comes with the theme needs reviewing ;-) Did so in the package mentioned below.

Demo - Download

Nice work, this is a good example for a theme overriding config settings.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 08:19:12 am »

Good job Gizmo

Hope I got a MAC soon ;)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 01:39:36 pm »

Thanks. I was rushing to get it zipped and uploaded due to a trip I was suppose to be on today (flight got cancelled to San Francisco so I'm staying home) and I put the wrong readme file in. I've attached it above to the original posting. I've checked this theme alot on various systems so I hope it's clean. I think the biggest problem was that this particular theme uses a lot of different font sizes which are tied to a number of the container styles. What I'm trying to do from now on is to leave the WP style.css intact and separate so that if you want to change the theme in WP then all you have to do is copy or point to the new style sheet. It sounds reasonable but I haven't tried it yet. ;)

I've been wanting to move back to Mac for a while now and with the new Intel duo core, I thought now was as good as time as any. I'll be loading Parallels this weekend and seeing if my Windows software will work as good as everyone says it does.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:39:44 am »

Theme is perfect Gizmo.  Excellent job, and THANK YOU!!

ppeter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:37:45 pm »

hello!

first thank you very much for this theme!

i have installed the modpack by Stramm 1.4.9
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658&package_id=98542 i have a problem if i choose

following error!

what should i do?

regards
peter

Template error
Failed to find block 'my_friends'(#(<!-- BEGIN my_friends -->)(.*?)(<!-- END my_friends -->)#s) in :
                                        <ul id="topnav">

<!-- BEGIN home -->
                                            <li><a href="{HOME_TGT}" title="{HOME_TITLE}">{HOME_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END home -->
<!-- BEGIN my_gallery -->
                                            <li><a href="{MY_GAL_TGT}" title="{MY_GAL_TITLE}">{MY_GAL_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END my_gallery -->
<!-- BEGIN allow_memberlist -->
                                            <li><a href="{MEMBERLIST_TGT}" title="{MEMBERLIST_TITLE}">{MEMBERLIST_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END allow_memberlist -->
<!-- BEGIN my_profile -->
                                            <li><a href="{MY_PROF_TGT}" title="{MY_PROF_LNK}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END my_profile -->
<!-- BEGIN faq -->
                                            <li><a href="{FAQ_TGT}" title="{FAQ_TITLE}">{FAQ_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END faq -->

<!-- BEGIN leave_admin_mode -->
                                            <li><a href="{USR_MODE_TGT}" title="{USR_MODE_TITLE}">{USR_MODE_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END leave_admin_mode -->
<!-- BEGIN upload_pic -->
                                            <li><a href="{UPL_PIC_TGT}" title="{UPL_PIC_TITLE}">{UPL_PIC_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END upload_pic -->
<!-- BEGIN register -->
                                            <li><a href="{REGISTER_TGT}" title="{REGISTER_TITLE}">{REGISTER_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END register -->

<!-- BEGIN logout -->
                                            <li><a href="{LOGOUT_TGT}" title="{LOGOUT_LNK}">{LOGOUT_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END logout -->
                                        </ul>

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 01:50:16 pm »

Check out this post - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34905.msg163858#msg163858. Also read through the threads dedicated to the modpack here - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=86.0. If after this you still have problems, come back and we'll work them out but please post on the board for the modpack.

Thanks,

Gizmo

ppeter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 11:18:37 am »

hi!

yes, it was ok now after doing this!

thank you!

regards
peter

warhonowicz

• Coppermine novice
    • unsere Galerie
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:16:14 pm »

using this with IE7 gives a nasty scrollbar on the main page ... got around by having only one column, however the intermediate view still gives those bars
Tell me and I will forget
Show me and I might remember
But involve me and I will understand
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.