Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload problems with permissions set correctly.  (Read 3641 times)

Boondocs

• Coppermine newbie
Upload problems with permissions set correctly.
« on: October 14, 2006, 06:56:36 pm »

Upload problems with permissions set correctly.

OK. I know that there are instructions that you have to follow before you make a post and I have followed these instructions to the best of my knowledge. My Coppermine gallery was working fine until my web host migrated to a new server and that’s when the problem started. Now I can’t seem to upload pictures anymore. I have been working with my web host but they don’t seem to know what the problem is. Here is a list of steps that I have completed.

1.   Updated Coppermine to the latest
2.   Made sure permissions are set correctly
3.   Completed the 4.11.4 upload troubleshooting guild ( I have the debug info and will post when told to do so)
4.   Set the group permissions correctly
5.   Set an album to have members able to upload pictures
6.   This is bridged with phpbb and is the latest version

Well I think that’s about it. Please let me know what information you would need me to supply so that I can figure out this problem. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:11:51 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Upload problems with permissions set correctly.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:26:22 pm »

4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

Boondocs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 07:53:33 pm »

ok sorry here is the link and username and password.
I have checked the error message and still cant seem to find the problem.

http://paboys.com/forum/album/index.php

user= copper
password= coppertest

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 10:18:48 pm »

Check the bold section:

4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")

* Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Boondocs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 04:29:43 am »

Ok done. I know that you guys repeat yourselves. I had it set correctly but my webhost is also trying to figure it out as well so they reset everything back to defaults. Try it now and see if you can upload. Thanks

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 12:10:07 pm »

You have

Maximum allowed file size is 3000000 KB

You must set it to something sensible.

Boondocs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 06:33:18 pm »

Hi, I just wanted to let you guys know that I fixed the problem. I'm not 100% sure what was wrong but it seems to be working fine now. I think my webhost changed the permissions to my temp directory and that’s what caused the gallery to start working again. Thanks for all the support.

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 07:11:32 pm »

It's now set to 3000KB, which is why it is now working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.