Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Moved Coppermine to new server: "The selected album/file does not exist"  (Read 8092 times)

TheOhmster

• Coppermine newbie

I was using Coppermine 133 on my Fedora Core 3 server in my home and it was just lovely with mysql. Now I installed Fedora Core 5 on a new hard drive and mounted the old drive on the system so that I could get at the new files. I copied the entire /home/(me)/public_html directories over, with Coppermine and all of it's photos. albums, files, etc. I installed and have running mysql. When I first tried to access the coppermine page, I got a critical error about no database so I had to fire up mysql and found in the /var/lib/mysql directory, a coppermine directory. I copied that over to the new system. Now I can see my old coppermine install with thumbnails of "most recent" at the bottom, but I cannot click on anything or even log in! If I click on one of the thumbnails, I get "The selected album/file does not exist ! ", if I click on anything else, nothing happens. If I try to login, it fails. Something must be wrong with my "down and dirty" way of copying over the database.

Yes, I would like to install the newest version of Coppermine but I really need to get my working system up with all files intact. I cannot do this. What is wrong, how can I get my database back again? I would then be in a better position to upgrade to the new version as then I might be able to save the database and then import it again.

Somebody please help, I am pulling my hair out on this one as there are thousands of family photos in this system, the photos, albums, and thumbnails are there, I just cannot access any of it or log in to Coppermine.

Please help.

Thank you.

Ohmster

Nibbler

Update your gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 20 queries.