Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some assistans to find correct variable or modification  (Read 4648 times)

Winder

• Coppermine newbie
Need some assistans to find correct variable or modification
« on: October 14, 2006, 07:36:44 am »

Hi all (my first post here)
Yes i have searched and searched for answer to my question but the topics i have found is modificated for coppermine 133 and as far as i understand this modification is not supported no longer in 149.

Im looking for the variable to show password in the administrator notification/activation email

I have looked in the eng language php-file and found

Code: [Select]
$lang_register_approve_email = <<<EOT
A new user with the username "{USER_NAME}" has registered in your gallery.

In order to activate the account, you need to click on the link below or copy and paste it in your web browser.

<a href="{ACT_LINK}">{ACT_LINK}</a>

EOT;

I know that many people think that its not proper to have this information in this email to the admin but in my case it would be very suitable for me. I thought the variable was {USER_PASSWORD} or something like this. I have tried several variables but the registration test mail i have done only result in empty space. Shooting totally blanks here? But now i have searched and tried out for so long time so i really need some help from you guys.

My hope is to have it like:

Code: [Select]
$lang_register_approve_email = <<<EOT
A new user with the username "{USER_NAME}" with password: ???$PASSWORD??? has registered in your gallery.

In order to activate the account, you need to click on the link below or copy and paste it in your web browser.

<a href="{ACT_LINK}">{ACT_LINK}</a>

EOT;
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 04:59:43 pm by GauGau »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Need some assistans to find correct variable or modification
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:14 am »

Check this :
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=37086.msg175005#msg175005

It will help you to get the idea ;)
- you need to add something like this {USER-PASSWORD} =>$password, to $template_vars under register.php (line 314~317)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Winder

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 12:58:32 pm »

Thank you Sami
Works like a charm, i even implemented the extra function you redirected me to regarding the email adress retrive and force users to put in their fully name.

Now there is only 2-3 issues left before i can go live with my album, but they will i take in a different topic
I think it will be above this :-) topic.

Great job guys

Winder

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 01:36:24 pm »

Had to post a new one cause i did not have th option to modify my previous post.
I have scaned the forum for some time now. Even if i am a newbi i have seen that there are a lot of suggestions to modify the inside code. which in my eyes will be a nightmare when a new release will come. Is it har to build plugins that does that job instead sience as i have undertand the plugins most of them will be stright forward to install for a new release. I can see for my self that i will have several days of recoding and posting if a new version will be releasted, all this modifications you have done to tune the coppermine to the best.

This was just more of a thought why there are so many "hacks" out here instead of concentrating on making plugins. Im not a coder so maybe thats the issue that it is not possible to build plugins for serten things. The onlu thing i have heard from great programmers is that everything is possible that why im wondering  ;)

Friendly regards
Winder

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 10:33:38 pm »

I'll check if this could be done as a plugin ;)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.