Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thumb size  (Read 5023 times)

jsmith

• Coppermine newbie
thumb size
« on: October 17, 2006, 06:10:25 pm »

Is there a way to configure the thumbs so that they all fit within a specified size square yet aren't cropped or distorted?  For example, if I have two thumbs, one 120 px wide x 150 px high and the other 150 px wide and 120 px high I would want them both to fit in a 150 x 150 square.  The horizontal one would have blank space top and bottom and the vertical one would have blank space on the sides.  As far as I can tell my options are cropping, distorting, or restricting one dimension and letting the other be what it will.  Just making sure I didn't miss something.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:32:46 am by Stramm »

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: thumb size
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 06:20:47 pm »

The modpack uses cropping. So if you have x,y 150,120 and want it to have 120,120 it cuts of 15px from the left and right of the thumb -> no distortion, no black borders

No other ways to fit the thumb to an exact size has been implemented (no plans either)

jsmith

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 06:25:22 pm »

thanks - that what I had determined, just hoping I missed something.  The cropping doesn't work well for me due to heads getting chopped off and limiting one direction means either the horizontal thumbs are much bigger than the verticals or vice versa so it looks 'messy'.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 07:22:15 pm »

if you have a lot of people on your images then using a square thumb isn't to good at all. Better would be to crop to eg x,y 120,150

I prefer such a format over square thumbs (I just use them on my testbed cause it's good for demonstration)

jsmith

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 08:37:56 pm »

I agree - the square crop doesn't work well with people.  But the alternative is choosing one direction to limit, which makes one photo format (horizontal or vertical) larger than the other so thats a little messy looking to me.  Preferably, you could set a max dimension and it would fit the largest dimension to that and let the other fall as it will.  Maybe a few versions down the road...  Thanks for your help though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.