Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a mod to change the zip thumbnail image per upload?  (Read 3760 times)

OMGITSMAK

• Coppermine newbie
Is there a mod to change the zip thumbnail image per upload?
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:41:38 am »

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the latest version of CopperMine-Gallery 1.4.9 and really enjoy the features. Everything seems to be working as it should, but I would like to be able to do a bit more. For zip files that are uploaded, is there a way or an already existing mod that will give the users the ability to upload a screenshot of what is inside the zip? Or have that zip file image display a screenshot.jpg image that may exist in the zip file?

I want to use this Gallery for more than just image sharing, but also game level sharing. Players can upload their maps in a zip and be able to display a screenshot to make the download look more desireable to try out. The ZIP image provided just isn't as good to be used for everything.

I know people can upload an image then link to the zip download using the bbcode url function, but that creates more steps, wasted space and is not a userfriendly way of having clients do this.

I looked high and low for answers to this on these forums and google to no avail. My appologies if I over looked an answer that might be here somewhere.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!  :)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Is there a mod to change the zip thumbnail image per upload?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 08:56:44 am »

AFAIK there isn't any mod for that , if you really need it , code it .
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

OMGITSMAK

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:15:19 am »

Thanks for the info Sami. I didn't want to use my noobie coding skills before knowing there wasn't already something made to do this. I just found this info page that explains a way to do almost what I want, but still involves uploading twice and perhaps causing confusion to the person wanting to download the file, not look at just the thumbnail.

That info page is at http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#cust_thmb

Better than nothing I guess.  :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:49:19 am »

The documentation section of the docs that you're refering to of course only applies to the admin (because only the admin can FTP-upload the custom thumbnail), so it doesn't apply to your initial question (you asked for a solution for the user afaik). However, imo Stramm's mod pack has the feature you're looking for (not sure though). You might want to review the modpack docs.

OMGITSMAK

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 12:30:05 pm »

Thanks GauGau, but I don't think his mod does that according to what I have read, though I haven't read all the details yet. I will give it a go.  ;D

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 06:47:54 pm »

It has a backend that allows users to upload a custom thumb (within the edit dialog)... better it allows users to upload an image and creates a thumb of it. You even can let it tag the thumb (with eg. 'Movie' or whatever, for the three types movies, documents and audio)

So it's not exactly what you're looking for but closer than what you have now.

custom thumb tool... (default on)
Files and thumbnails settings -> Enable Custom Thumbs (movie, audio, document)
Image watermarking -> Watermark custom thumbs (movie, audio, document)
what it does.. easily change thumbs for movies, audio and document files. User permissions of course get considered.
If you want you can let coppermine apply a watermark (I've already prepared some with the wording audio, movie and doc). You do not need to crop or resize on the new thumbnail on your locval box. That's done when uploading.
The 'change thumb' you can always find above the thumb in approve, edit picture (click below normal size image) and edit multiple pictures (click edit next to an album). You only will see the link when you enable it in config, when the user has the right to edit that image or when it's not an image but movie, audio, document. The new watermark files need to be placed in the folder where you've put your main watermark file. If you don't use the watermark yet follow the instructions for watermarking first. The watermark files for thumb watermarking need to be named wm_audio.png, wm_document.png and wm_movie.png. You can find my samples in the folder images/
the thumb watermarking is not dependent of the config setting 'Watermark Image yes|no'. That's only for normal and fullsize images
If you've enabled minithumbs these will get created for the custom thumbs too and you can use them eg. again as category lead image (check my demo site)

OMGITSMAK

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 05:22:54 pm »

Thanks Stramm!

I appreciate the fast support by everyone too.  :D

I just wish media would play with my my IE browser  >:( Have to use Firefox for that. My issue most likely and not the Gallery.  :o

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 07:15:16 pm »

I just wish media would play with my my IE browser  >:( Have to use Firefox for that. My issue most likely and not the Gallery.  :o
That's an entirely different issue that is not related to what is being discussed on this thread at all, so you should have kept it in another thread. Even better, you should have searched first, as this has been asked and answered several times already: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=31291.0

OMGITSMAK

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:09:40 am »

Thanks for the lecture GauGau. Since this is the online world, it isn't easy to tell when someone is just making a general comment and not asking a question, therefore I forgive you. I hope you can forgive me. (Notice I didn't put a question mark there. No reply needed and I didn't want to start another thread asking for forgiveness).

In all seriousness, I know it can be a full time job directing noobs to the correct sections of a forum all the time. I appreciate your efforts and hope you continue to do your best to be fair.  8)

*hugs and kisses*  :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.