Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Moved Coppermine to new server: "The selected album/file does not exist"  (Read 8113 times)

TheOhmster

• Coppermine newbie

I was using Coppermine 133 on my Fedora Core 3 server in my home and it was just lovely with mysql. Now I installed Fedora Core 5 on a new hard drive and mounted the old drive on the system so that I could get at the new files. I copied the entire /home/(me)/public_html directories over, with Coppermine and all of it's photos. albums, files, etc. I installed and have running mysql. When I first tried to access the coppermine page, I got a critical error about no database so I had to fire up mysql and found in the /var/lib/mysql directory, a coppermine directory. I copied that over to the new system. Now I can see my old coppermine install with thumbnails of "most recent" at the bottom, but I cannot click on anything or even log in! If I click on one of the thumbnails, I get "The selected album/file does not exist ! ", if I click on anything else, nothing happens. If I try to login, it fails. Something must be wrong with my "down and dirty" way of copying over the database.

Yes, I would like to install the newest version of Coppermine but I really need to get my working system up with all files intact. I cannot do this. What is wrong, how can I get my database back again? I would then be in a better position to upgrade to the new version as then I might be able to save the database and then import it again.

Somebody please help, I am pulling my hair out on this one as there are thousands of family photos in this system, the photos, albums, and thumbnails are there, I just cannot access any of it or log in to Coppermine.

Please help.

Thank you.

Ohmster

Nibbler

Update your gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.