Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I change my gallery to a different folder without reinstalling it?  (Read 4289 times)

IKnowNutting

• Coppermine newbie

Hi, 

I am not very skilled at this stuff but what I want to do is move my gallery from the folder that it is in to a different folder that is a subfolder of my public html root folder.  For example  my current gallery is at http://www.mydomain.com/gallery and I want to move it to http://www.mydomain.com/secured/gallery.

I use Bluehost and they have a Fantastico control panel which is where I installed coppermine from in the first place.  I thought If I could install coppermine into the new folder then I could export the old database to a .SQL file, move the files to the new folder, drop the tables out of the new gallery, import the old database and be on my way.  However Fantastico won't let me install to a subfolder it will only let me do it in a folder directly under the root of my public html folder.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can modify my existing coppermine installation to just point to the new folder?  I m hoping there is some simple pointer somewhere in the database that I can just change to point to the new folder location but so far I am not clever enough to find it.

Do you know?  :-\

Thanks!
Heather

IKnowNutting

• Coppermine newbie

Hmm.... it seems I should shoot first and ask questions later because I just moved the files to the new folder and presto chango, the gallery worked.  No configuration necessary.  At least it seems that way.  I have not tried to upload anything.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.

Yup.  There is one config setting (for the URL of your coppermine gallery folder), but otherwise links are relative, so you can move your gallery files to another folder, as you found.

latcarf

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Fractal Farm
Re: Can I change my gallery to a different folder without reinstalling it?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 05:18:39 pm »

I found this post using search for "move gallery".  Situation:  Home server, Apache2/proFTP, three websites.  Coppermine is loaded in only one site and I am linking the need for the other site galleries to the one site.  I realize now that it would have been much easier to just load Coppermine to each site.

Since the URL is in the config setting and the links are relative...  I should be able to just copy the Coppermine folder from one site to the other sites, then manually edit the URL and all should be fine...  correct?  Can I then edit the admin/password so that it is relative to each site also? 

Or would it be easier to load Coppermine fresh to each site, set the config, then copy over folders containing pics?

Like many, I am new to Coppermine (I was referred by another user).  AWESOME program!!  I look forward to learning more about it as I use it.
latcarf aka lance

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 05:32:37 pm »

Coppermine use mysql to store infos, if the mysql server/setting for all site is same then you can use copy/paste method but this way you have 3 galleries with one DB and each one(gallery) is mirror for others , if you want them to be different from each other but have same pictures then you should duplicate your DB to 3 DBs (with different prefix) and then point each DB to each gallery by modifying config.inc.php of each gallery
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

latcarf

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Fractal Farm
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 08:38:57 pm »

hhmmm...  As it stands now I have 3 Categories based on 3 web sites, i.e. a cat. for each site, then the cat. is broken down into albums.  That is the difficult part right now...  keeping the links straight, so on.  2 of them are fairly small but one has a lot of fractal images.  That is the one I really don't want to have to reload!  :o  I also hope to be able to go in and delete 2 of 3 cats. that do not match that site. 

Seems like the best solution would be to create 2 more db's for the other 2 sites, copy the CFG folder to the other sites then manually modify config.inc.php.

After all my rambling I guess I should just jump in with both feet...  if it works, it works.  If not, I have a lot of reload and naming to do!  oy!!
latcarf aka lance

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 12:13:13 am »

When you have a lot of images you want to add to a Coppermine gallery, you might find useful the CPGMassImport plugin, linked on the "plugin contributions" board.

latcarf

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Fractal Farm
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 02:35:25 am »

thanks...  I will look at it.  Been using the Bulk Upload script and it seems to be working fine.  Maybe a lot for me is a drop in the bucket for most.

I did create the new db's but I could not find a syntax that would copy the original db into the new db's.  I am using mysql v5.  I am going to just do a clean install (I hope!) of Coppermine into the other two domains tomorrow.  They say experience is the best teacher.  ;)
latcarf aka lance

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 02:53:53 am »

To copy a database, do a backup of the first one onto disk, then rename the first one, and "recover" the database from the disk.  Rename this new one if you want to create a third copy of the same database.  PHPMyAdmin is one way to backup your database.  You recover your database by running the SQL commands from the backup.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#BackupDatabase

latcarf

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Fractal Farm
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 11:21:41 pm »

No luck with phpmyadmin...  it is installed but another problem comes in because I am using an ISP Control progam that disables the standard path /srv/www/htdocs which is where phpmyadmin is installed.  But thats a problem for another time.

Mean while, I created 2 new db's and installed cpg into the other 2 sites.  Everything is fine except now I cannot seem to use the Batch Add Files script.  When I click the directory and then ok to load the files it tells me there are no new files.  It also seems to see subfolders as files.  I double checked all the chmod and everything is good there.

Any thoughts what I may have missed in the config? group or user settings?
latcarf aka lance
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.